Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Did you do a groom's cake?

I am planning to do a groom's cake in the shape of my FI's favorite sports team's logo.  Most of my local friends/co-workers have never heard of a groom's cake!!

Are you going to do one or did you do one?  :)  Did he like it?

Re: Did you do a groom's cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a grooms cake made for him - as a surprise of course. And gave it to him at our at home reception/party. It was a big big hit. He loved the cake (he is a mechanic and very into cards of course, so I had a cake made to look like his car)
    I hadn't really seen any grooms cakes before - I heard about it from Steel Magnolia's LONG ago... but I decided to surprise him. I've been hearing about it more and more, and I also think it is more a down south kinda thing (but I could be wrong)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've been thinking of this as well but haven't decided.  It may be one of those things that I decide as we get closer and I know where we're at with our budget.  If I do, it will have something to do with the Vikings.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing one in the shape of his favorite cartoon charactors. It will have Fry and Bender from Futurama :) That is our dogs names and it will probably be our cake topper as well... we are total nerds. :) It is a complete surprise and I have not told anyone yet!!! We always watch cake shows so I for sure knew I wanted to do something special for him.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I told FI I didn't want one, I'm not big on cake to begin with but I told her the cost of a custom grooms cake would be better spent on something else that day/night.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah we did one!  Hubby comes from a big Southern family and its a well loved tradition.  Hubby loved it and it was surprise for both of us.

I gave Suzie at Creations a concept and she ran with it, so I was pleased that she was able to comeup with something classy and funny & sooo delicious! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did, it was a big hit.  A UFC championship belt made by Freed's. 
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I don't think we will be doing one. FI isn't a big sweets eater so it would be a waste of money.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do one. I got a wedding cake to feed 55 and we had 65 guests at 10$ a piece. Over half of it was left over. A grooms cake would have been a total waste for us. Its very cute if you need a lot of cake or just have the extra money.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_did-grooms-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:77209f67-acd6-4306-a259-9b95d75ca9ffPost:a045ea08-56ac-4583-8a46-6b47ce4dfb85">Re: Did you do a groom's cake?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been thinking of this as well but haven't decided.  It may be one of those things that I decide as we get closer and I know where we're at with our budget.  If I do, it will have something to do with the Vikings.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Awesome!  We love the Vikings :)

I think I can go either way with it.  I got a great quote from the girls at Gimme Some Sugar - I think we'll go through them if I decide to move forward with it.  It's actually not a lot of money, especially considering my FI has a WICKED sweet tooth. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards