Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Help! Out of town bride planning inexpensive Vegas Wedding

Hi!  Thanks for helping!  Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me.  I'm in need of the following, for as little as possible:

1) Someone to come to the house to do nails, for maybe 5 - 10 girls.  How much would this run per person?

2) Someone to come to the house to do hair, maybe just for bride.  How much should I expect for this?  Would it be better to go to a salon?

3) Has anyone rented bartenders?  We'll be doing an informal ceremony at a rental house and would love to hire a couple of people on a Friday and maybe Sat too to help out with pouring and serving wine, champagne, and beer.  How much could we find that for?

4) Has anyone hired a personal assistant to help coordinate day of wedding festivities, and oversee the food and bartenders?  Cost on this one?

5) Has anyone used BBQ and More Catering?  Any recommendations for an informal caterer for a backyard bbq?

6) Any ideas where to get wholesale flowers so we can make our own arrangements?

Thanks so much!
Fishsticktx

Re: Help! Out of town bride planning inexpensive Vegas Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only thing I can comment on is the BBQ&More question....I did not use them but they seemed really good with communicating and had GREAT prices.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another inexpensive caterer I can recommend is Fazoli's, it's Italian fast food but it's amazing.  Our rehearsal lunch ran us about $4/person.

If you're on a really tight budget, I'd strongly, strongly recommend skipping your first point.  I didn't even get my nails done for my own wedding, it's a minor detail that no one will notice and will barely show up in your pictures if at all.  When you're on a tight budget, you need to cut out unnecessary extras, and getting someone to come to you to do your nails most solidly qualifies.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I paid $200 for Lori White to come to my hotel room to do my hair/make up. She includes a free trial. I believe some  others are cheaper, but they don't include a trial.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah.... Glamsquad was $135 (??) but no trial included. As far as flowers, Costco I here can be pretty good for getting loose flowers.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Someone asked a flower wholesale market, but no one could find one. I think costco or sams club would be your best bet. I think you can preorder your flowers as well, so you aren't left to whatever they have in stock.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Contact Memphis Championship BBQ - the absolute best!!! (Mike Love is a multiple world grandchampion BBQ Master)  I know they have 3 resturants in the Vegas, so one should be close to your rental.  They do catering & could probably help you find (if not provide) a couple of bartenders for you!

If you opt to have your reception at their place I know at least one of their places has a baquet room that holds about 80 people.

http://www.memphis-bbq.com/

hope this helps!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards