Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vent.....

We are staying at the Flamingo and they are seriously ticking me off!  (stops feet flips off girl on other end of phone)  Their website shows an outside restaurant called The Beach Club.  It has a number for reservations and I have been trying to get a hold of them for 2wks (I've emailed, called, left voicemail)!  No one has called me back.  I contacted concierge today & she acted like I was an idiot and said that area was just basically a snack hut.  Well why the hell does it have a reservation line & say full bar, outside seating etc... on website? 

Has anyone ever been there?  Is what she's telling me correct?  We just want someplace to have a casual meet and greet where we can buy some pitchers of margs/beer and people can get lunch on their own too if they want!  Thought it would be easiest to do it there since most everyone is staying there...Um guess not!  Any other suggestions for something close by and relatively inexpensive?

Re: Vent.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Margaritaville? It's at the Flamingo and really casual and laid back.
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We would be considered a group (approx. 20 people) so, we would have to do a specific menu @ $30 per person not including drinks that we would have to pay for up front for inside.  For outside on the patio it is a $2500 minimum!

• Options
    jawordenjaworden member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just want to say I understand your frustration with the Flamingo.  I have been trying to coordinate a couple of different events for our wedding weekend through the Total Experiences program through Harrah's Corp. and have had pretty poor results.  I seem to be able to find more information and faster than what the person I have been working with has done!  And have found better group drink prices at BB Kings at Mirage than any Harrah's hotel.  We are also staying at Flamingo and I haven't found anything very accomodating or affordable there either.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!

Long time lurker but finally a poster because I feel really strongly about this.  I am a Flamingo Bride (11-12-10) and in fact will be out in Vegas this time next week to finalize our wedding details.

We stay at Flamingo every time we go (about 2x a year) and have never had any challenges.  The Beach Club is a snack bar so yes while they do offer food it's not really a sit-down kind of place.  I will vouch that both the food and drink are pretty good - but it is standard pool snack bar food.

We are having more than one reception (the ceremony is at 10 am and we are having a breakfast buffet immediately following and an evening reception to follow...that's what we need to plan next week!) and I've had a great time working with the Harrah's Group Dining team.  If you are interested in any of their locations, I've had quick responses both on the phone and in email.

I found a picture of the Beach Club on Oyster.com - hope it helps!

And hi everyone!!!

Cassie

• Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Cassie,

Yay!  It's good to hear from someone staying @ the Flamingo too.  Lol that def does not look like more than a snack hut so, at least the snotty concierge chick was telling the truth!  lol  Thanks for the pic!  I think they misrepresent it on their website.  Could you share the group dining info?  I would love to get the meet & greet place finalized so I can work on our itinerary!  What do you think of the pool area?  Do you think it would be possible for us to get tables by the pool and all hangout there?  Do they even have tables by the pool?

Sidenote:  Flamingo has some pretty crappy reviews on tripadvisor...what do you think of the rooms, food and pool (pool is pretty big for us) etc...?  TA says it is def older, but in the best location with an awesome pool.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I stayed at the flamingo for a bachelorette party and stayed in the new Go rooms. So cute & pink & new! I loved it and couldn't complain. The pool was nice & busy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm a big fan of TripAdvisor...but...most of those reviews trash anything that isn't a $250 and up night kind of place.  I've stayed in those hotels too and they're nice - but we just need a clean room, showers that work, and somewhere to leave our luggage.  We typically don't even have housekeeping come in the room while we are there.

The standard rooms are fine if that's all you are looking for.  We've stayed in the GO rooms and they are definately swankier - my favorite part is the tv in the bathroom mirror.  I'm glad we did it once but I don't need it every trip. 

We're also looking into renting out the Metro suite to do a casual meet and greet the night before.  Those are 1500 sq foot rooms and absolutely GORGEOUS!  We're getting it the night before so we can have it to get ready in as well. Our meet & greet is going to be more of a come and go event.  So we'll be there the entire time, but we aren't expecting anyone else to stay more than for a snack and a few drinks.  This way we can mingle with more people and our guests can do whatever they want to.  I'm including a link to our guest site (which is still under construction so please don't judge it too hard haha) so you can see how we explained the Flamingo and the meet and greet.

http://weddingwire.com/cassieandgreg

I'm including the Harrah's Group Dining info below.  When we were there in November I worked with someone else who is no longer with their group but our new contact is Amy and she's been great.  Really listening to what I want (and more importantly what I DON'T want) and suggesting some locations.  We are meeting with her next week so fingers crossed it works out!

http://www.harrahs.com/group-dining/dining_A3A1A056.html

here's our contact's info; she's been really great:
    Amy Dyke 702-967-4000

I think if you want a casual pool party atmosphere you could completely have something out there; there are a few tables but I'd get there early b/c families tend to take over the tables.  There is also a cute little patio area outside of Sin City Brewing Company with a firepit that would be good depending on the number of people you are expecting.  Or I also recommend Serendipity 3 across the street outside of Caesars.  It's super yummy.

Hope that helps! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards