Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I've lost my mind...

Ok, so if wedding planning and job searching (which isn't going so well), and taking care of 2 kids isn't enough...I have totally lost my mind and made the decision to go back to college (again)....My current degree isn't doing me any good....not working anyway....so why not?!?  EEEKKK!  I hope it is the right decision...

Re: I've lost my mind...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think higher education is ever a bad decision.  It will be hard while you do it, but once you are done it will feel like it went by quickly and is usually worth it.
    A college degree won't necessarily get you a job, but it definitely opens doors!
    Good Luck!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol ya....definately doesn't get you a job...considering the one I have isn't helping HAHA  Oh well....I just love to learn.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! We are totally in the same boat....

Job hunting...CHECK

Going to college (again....)... CHECK

Wedding planning.... CHECK

I dont have kids...but I am moving ....and have a cat...and an ex boyfriend on my cell phone plan that wont get off of it... *shrug*

hahaha... best of luck to you... it will all work out... it always does...even if we have to scrape our knees a few times...we always land on our feet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hehe....i have a cat...oh, wait....actually three of them...one of which cost us a grand at the vet last week---but at least she is ok!  (Not wedding budget friendly though)!!!  And we just moved about a month and a half ago....weird!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!

I personally think there has got to be a cheaper way to deal with our animals. I got my cat pet insurance last year...have not needed it but its like health insurance for the kitty...I keep thinking I should take her in just to see how it works...hahaha

What happened to your kitty??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    11Vegas711Vegas7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well....we don't know for sure...think she ate something she wasn't supposed to (no surprise there---she is the trouble out of the three!)....she started vomitting, and not being out and about, and not getting in trouble and so on....

So, many lab tests, and xrays later.....the xrays showed "something" that wasn't right---so they gave her iv fluid (she was dehydrated) and sent her home for the night without food....back to the non-emergency vet the next day....and they re-xrayed her and the stuff had luckily passed that was suspicious in her tummy....they could still tell she was extremely gassy though....

Now she is back to normal....thank god!  At least whatever she ate didn't get stuck so we had to do surgery....would of had to cancel the wedding lol!!

I keep telling her she had better get a job....as usual, she isn't listening! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww....poor kitty!! I hate when they do that though...its I just wish she could tell me whats going on with her...

I am glad she is ok though...its SO scary when they get sick...its like if a baby got sick..they cant tell you whats wrong and you are just guessing... *sigh* ... freaks me out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like PP, I'm a big fan of higher ed.  I'm working on two degrees right now too, so you're definitely not alone.  It's rough while you're going through it (wedding planning, school, job hunting), but it'll all be soooo worth it in the end.  Chin up!  (Hey, out of curiosity, what degrees are you guys working on and what are the ones that aren't working for you?  I was a film school undergrad and I'm working on education and business master's now.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards