Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

FI's wedding gift

I am completely stumped about what to get FI as a wedding present. What all did you or are you getting your FI? I'm hoping for maybe a little inspiration. TIA!

Re: FI's wedding gift

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting FI a watch that matches his ring.  It's not a surprise though. He saw it on one of our trips to the jeweler and when he saw it was gone he asked the jeweler about getting another one and kind of pushed the issue until I let him know I was planning to buy it,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to buy mine a watch too until he went shopping and got one for himself.  Now I'm stuck too...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not getting my fiance a gift. I'm not sure if that is wrong, but we are spending lots of money by being in Vegas for 5 nights and our honeymoon. We will go see a show in Vegas a few days before our wedding and our wedding guests arrive. I guess that will be considered my gift :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was just thinking about this on the way home tonight. I thought something to do with GOLF since that's all the guy does in the summer. Golf GPS, county course year pass...something like that. Good thing I'm sending him to the Golf Show this weekend!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it terrible that I have no clue what to get him, but that I already told him exactly what I want?Embarassed

I was thinking about possibly getting his ring or watch engraved.  I really have no clue though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, just had a thought...give him a bottle of his favorite booze/wine. I know FI has always craved his own bottle of Johnny Walker Blue...ever since our first date. I know a single shot goes for $50, so I'm afraid what a hole bottle goes for!
  • Options
    tondraluvtondraluv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought my FI a star.  It comes with a certificate & everything
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like dvohnout, we are not exchanging gifts...we aren't really big gift givers, so it's one less thing to stress about.
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually going to take budouir photographs and present them to my FI before the wedding. 

It may be a little cheesy I know, but I'm making sure to take very classy photos with a very reputable photographer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7cd96bfc-6fc8-4551-a976-96986ef0f2c8Post:4201db3e-2195-4d43-93cc-d19b5c5e1cf4">Re: FI's wedding gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am actually going to take budouir photographs and present them to my FI before the wedding.  It may be a little cheesy I know, but I'm making sure to take very classy photos with a very reputable photographer. 
    Posted by kristy637[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's cheesy at all!  If I felt a little better about my body, I would consider this as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7cd96bfc-6fc8-4551-a976-96986ef0f2c8Post:4201db3e-2195-4d43-93cc-d19b5c5e1cf4">Re: FI's wedding gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am actually going to take budouir photographs and present them to my FI before the wedding.  It may be a little cheesy I know, but I'm making sure to take very classy photos with a very reputable photographer. 

I think this is great! I wish I has thought of this earlier.....I am going to order FI cufflinks with pic's of our "Furbabies" on them.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7cd96bfc-6fc8-4551-a976-96986ef0f2c8Post:5ff62935-c77e-44b1-871a-8828d516d8b6">Re: FI's wedding gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FI's wedding gift : I think this is great! I wish I has thought of this earlier.....I am going to order FI cufflinks with pic's of our "Furbabies" on them.
    Posted by stinkerbell6879[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea as well..  I may actually keep that in mind for a future gift.  Do you order these cufflinks online?
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got him cufflinks of our fur baby. It was hard posing her for the picture.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7cd96bfc-6fc8-4551-a976-96986ef0f2c8Post:65a6c2cd-c03d-48e5-bf8a-0c211679576d">Re: FI's wedding gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FI's wedding gift : That's a great idea as well..  I may actually keep that in mind for a future gift.  Do you order these cufflinks online?

I have not ordered yet! I need to, but I found this seller on etsy....

<a href="http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40831382&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=photo+cufflinks&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=" rel="nofollow">http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40831382&ref=sr_gallery_20&&ga_search_query=photo+cufflinks&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=</a>&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

and I think there was one knottie who used...

<a href="http://gifts.redenvelope.com/cufflinks/monogrammablelocketcufflinks-30000829?viewpos=20&trackingpgroup=rfmcl&ref=REDSRCHgoogkwd_red+envelop_e_BRND&prid=SRCHribbon5" rel="nofollow">http://gifts.redenvelope.com/cufflinks/monogrammablelocketcufflinks-30000829?viewpos=20&trackingpgroup=rfmcl&ref=REDSRCHgoogkwd_red+envelop_e_BRND&prid=SRCHribbon5</a>
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    kimnoblekimnoble member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is a tough one to shop for on the best of days.  So I did the very classy, tasteful boudoir photo shoot in a silk design album.  I'm going to leave it for him just before we part ways the day of the wedding.  Along with I have written a nice letter.  I asked a while back what he would like and he couldn't think of anything so I said then I will give him ME!  He said "that's all I ever want".  The pics turned out fantastic a great keepsake for when we're old!!!
  • Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is obsessed with birds and grew up having birds as pets most of his childhood. He always spends a long time  around them at pet stores. I'm thinking of getting him a pair of love birds because he has mentioned in the past how much he would like to have some in our home. Previously, I had never really been open to having birds as a pets, so it will be a complete surprise.Wink
  • Options
    kaburns1214kaburns1214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm doing the same thing and having a "coffee table book" made for him.
    He's more excited about this than anything I've ever gotten him.
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got boudoir photo's taken---and chose 20 of the best shots to have put in to a hard-bound album (it turned out great!).

I also got him a pair of socks to give him the morning of the wedding:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI loves Guinness (remember his birthday cake?), so I got him a Guinness mini-fridge for the computer room --

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got FI new DC snowboarding boots and Burton bindings because he bought a new snowboard, so he those two things already.  I am also going to make him boudoir album, my sister is a photographer and is going to take the pics.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's a fun idea!

In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7cd96bfc-6fc8-4551-a976-96986ef0f2c8Post:29fdeb73-9bf6-4611-8f1a-0a257a73e555">Re: FI's wedding gift</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI loves Guinness (remember his birthday cake?), so I got him a Guinness mini-fridge for the computer room --
    Posted by impslave[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the boudoir pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards