Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Too Late for a Trial Run for Hair/Makeup?

Hey Ladies!  I am getting married at the Flamingo on October 1st and arriving in to town Wednesday evening (the 28th).  Do you think it's possible to set up a trial-run for makeup and hair before the big day?  I'm totally clueless as to where I should go or if I should have someone come to my room. 
Also, has anyone had any makeup done by Colors at Caesars Palace?  My wedding coordinator (via Total Reward) suggested them as a place nearby to have airbrushing done. 
Any suggestions you have are GREATLY appreciated!  It's so hard to figure out hair and makeup when you live 1800 miles away!
Thanks Ladies!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too Late for a Trial Run for Hair/Makeup?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Harmony Medina, she will come to you. As well as do the trial before your wedding. I am having mine the week before my wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having mine 2 days before the wedding. I honestly think I wont need it as I am using Francesa Lombardo and her work is always stunning but I have difficult hair and I am bringing along extensions so I just wanted to make sure it all worked so I wouldn't stress on the wedding day. I am having my Vegas hen's night the same day so it will at least be used!
  • Options
    mizutamababymizutamababy member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing mine the evening before the wedding with Francesca.  At least I'll look good going out that night.  :)  I'm sure there's someone you can get a trial with on such short notice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wife had Francesca do a trial run the Friday before our Saturday wedding.  If you're getting married on a Saturday during busy season, and you do want a trial, try to book it asap as things book up quick.  If you get to town Wednesday and could do it Thursday, you will probably have more flexibility.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing a trial with Francesco Lombardo two days before our wedding, I really can't decide how I want my hair so I think a trial is best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BrideJackie11BrideJackie11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had Francesca do my trial on Friday before the rehearsal dinner.  One thing you should definitely do is take pictures especially with and without a flash.  I noticed in pictures that the base color was too light.  I showed her the pictures the next and she used a darker base for the wedding day :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

So do you not have anyone booked for your wedding day yet?  I guess I'm confused on why you're asking about a trial if you don't actually have anything set for the day of.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    if you don't have anyone set for the day of yet, you might want to go with a larger chain (i.e. glamsquad) as the ladies mentioned might already be booked.  i booked both my trial / day of at the same time and am doing the trial the day before. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for all the info.  I have the girl that does my hair coming to Vegas with me, but I'm not all that excited with how she did my makeup at the trial we did here back at home (and I'd like to have airbrushing done anyway).  She suggested finding out some possible makeup artist that others in Vegas had used, so that's why I was asking if I was too late as far as booking time goes.  All of your responses are greatly appreciated!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards