Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Any Ricardo's reception brides out there?

I need your help once again ladies.

Im still very insecure about having an in-suite reception because we have about 40 confirmed guests already, and the limit on the websites says about 35. Add food catering on top of that, and im afraid there won't be any room to make a small dance floor if the need arises. And what about the cake!...ayayay

So....thinking about doin a dinner at Ricardo's since that is my FI's name anyway. :) I know it looks like a regular Mexican Restaurant, but I was hoping someone had some pics I could take a look at. Also wondering if there food was good, because my family is Mexican and we know bad Mexican food when we have some. Lol

I hope I get something figured out soon, cause its only 91 days away!

Re: Any Ricardo's reception brides out there?

• Options
    diamond773diamond773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not a ricardos bride but the food is not that good its ok -_- I am mexican also and that wasnt the best
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What suite are you looking at to have the reception that only fits 35?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you were thinking the Vista Suite.....Their are brides who have had 50ish in the suite (easton)....and most put the cake on the large table or on the credenza in the front entrance...But I will also agree with you that I have had a few times of second guessing the In-Suite idea, but I always come back to it =)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    itziaitzia member
    edited December 2011
    We just went back to Las Vegas about two weeks ago and tried Ricardo's. It's close to the Palms and Rio. It's nice inside. However, the food doesn't taste very good. We were disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the Vista Suite and have like 58 confirmed guests. Hoping some people stop off to gamble while others go to the bar and others may go have dinner. Basically, I'm not sure how long all 60ish ppl will be there at the same time, so we are going with it :)
  • Options
    Lulu80301Lulu80301 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about Ricardos, but I know that Border Grill in Mandalay Bay is supposed to have wonderful mexican food.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dnt kno anything about Ricardos but when we were in Vegas last we went to yolos a gourmet mexican resturant in PH and loved it when we get married that will be one of the places we are planning on going to during the week, I even put it on my wedding website as a must go to place.  However it is a nice place little trendy decor I dnt kno if it would work for your wedding but differently check it out there was a bride who did have her reception there but I dnt think she had to many guest. We are having a in suite reception its a little more chill and we will get the suite for the night!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KMILLS- We have the "H" suite at The Hotel with about 40 guests.  I wouldn't be worried if it was the Vista Suite at Mandalay, but they are totally booked.  I keep calling back hoping that they free one up.

Thanks for the reviews ladies. Ill keep looking. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you check to see if the Panorama or Boulevard Suite are available?
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pink,
    check out the Stardust Suite at the Orleans, it can easily accomodate 60+ guests. There is no cost to rent the space but there is a very resonable catering minimum. The food is very reasonable and if you are on a budget you could do hor dourves for around $30 a person.

The only reason we didn't book this location is becuase our date got booked by someone else first. If you want more info you can email me keana123 at yahoo dot com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards