Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Back with reviews! LONG

So, I know I am not a frequent poster, but seriously, we had the best time ever and I could not have done any of it without you knotties!  I love you guys!!

Here are some reviews from our wedding – loved every minute of it.  Vegas is the best place to get married!

Springs Preserve: A++++

I only had 2 requirements when planning – I wanted my ceremony outside, and I wanted the ceremony and reception in the same place.  That narrowed down the choices a lot. By far the best decision we made and not as pricey as you would think.  The people there were so on top of everything – I plan events for a living and I’m not easily impressed, but they were so great.  Michelle who I worked with was almost like having a wedding planner.  Our reception was in a museum that was architecturally stunning and the food was beyond amazing.  Our wedding was just 25 guests but they could handle big groups too.  I cannot say enough about the place and my guests were blown away. Best decision ever.

Bently Wilson:  A++
No pics back yet but I know they will be great! What can I say that everyone hasn’t already said – Todd is the just the best.  He managed to make me like having my picture taken.  I can’t wait to see the pics.

Travis Allen as Elvis: A++

OMG this was the hit of the whole wedding. He had all 25 guests (even my hipster friends who I was sure would roll their eyes at the thought) in a conga line! Travis stayed an extra 40 mins or so and he refused to charge us.  Everyone loved him and I was blown away by how much he looked like Elvis!  So great.

DJ Harry O: A+++

Harry is such a great DJ!  I can't believe he got 25 guests to dance and to think, I wasn't going to have a DJ!  Amazing.  Found all of our obscure requests and was just super and keeping the flow of the event going.  Awesome and great if you don't like super cheesy type of stuff - although I am sure he can do that too if you wanted!

Jimmy MacNamara, Officiant: A++

Jimmy might be my favorite vendor (although it was hard to choose).  He was about the 4th officiant I interviewed and he blew all of the others away.  Such a great person and he made our ceremony really special.

Pam at The Palette: A+++

My gosh - my flowers were STUNNING!  Pam was so great to work with and the cost was low, and the result far exceeded my expectations.  I was nearly crying when I had to leave my bouquet behind in Vegas.

Debi at Fit for a Bride: A++

Debi is a great person and she did such a great job!  She encouraged me to ship my dresses – best idea – SHIP YOUR DRESS!  She even tacked up the hem of my afterparty dress for me. I am going to post a tutorial when I have time on packing your dress.

Lori White:  A++

I loved my makeup!!!  Lori did such an amazing job – another vendor who lives up to her rep.  Todd took a photo of me in the mirror and I could not stop smiling.  Lori did a beautiful job on my bridesmaid’s makeup, my niece’s hair and hair for a couple of other ladies.

Freed’s: A
We had so much food that I was pretty full by the time the cake was cut but I did taste it – excellent. We got a roulette wheel style cake that my husband loved – it was triple chocolate and super rich and very good!

Minus5 Experience: A++++

We used this venue at Mandalay Bay for our Meet and Greet venue. SO GREAT!  It’s an ice bar and the guests loved it.  I know some people thought this was the best thing about the wedding. We were treated like absolute royalty and the staff was beyond awesome.  Cheaper than you think too to do a group event too.

Mix Lounge: A+++++++

Oh. My. God.  We did bottle service at Mix as our afterparty and they had set aside this beautiful, private circular area for us.  I was blown away – I think my jaw literally dropped.  Absolutely incredible.  I booked through MB Group Dining and they were fabulous. These guys made our night!

Re: Back with reviews! LONG

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Thanks for the reviews :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations sounds like things turned out great!  Thanks for the reviews.
  • Options
    scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews.

So is it wrong to be interested in booking your DJ now that I've seen his pictures on his website?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and thanks for the reviews, I am using 2 of your vendors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Looks like your day was wonderful. Great reviews, thank you, really helpful!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great reviews! I am so jealous of your bottle service VIP area at MIX, I wish we could afford to do that! Yell
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds fantastic! Congratulations! Be sure to post pictures when you get them back :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Congrats!  thanks for the review, I am planning on having an after party also,  I was wondering how much was the after party at the Mix was it worth it how many of your guest join you? Thanks
  • Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats!! Sounds like you had a great event!

• Options
    wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone!  Thanks for all the support.  I could have not done it without you guys.

In response to the questions:
    @scr1982 - Um no, that would not be wrong at all - several of our guests had the same opinion!  One person actually asked me if I hired Harry and Travis based on their looks (which yes, I might have done so had I seen them LOL)! Harry is a super nice person too.  Just a great vendor.

@shaq - I booked our after party at Mix through MB group dining.  They gave us a discount - 6 people per bottle as opposed to the usual 4 per.  The cheapest bottles were $250 and that is mostly what we had except for a super expensive Scotch my honey wanted (and he's the only one who drank it and we took it home).  There was also a gratutity added. Most of our guests did come but we had a couple of kids who of course did not and I think 3 others did not make it. We added this even last minute b/c we were actually way under budget due to a smaller than expected guest count -  our guests LOVED it and so did we - so worth it.   And the people at Mix were just super.
  • Options
    wildstylewildstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Gribbles - talk to MB group dining if you have not yet.  They were really great.  Or go to Mix just you and your honey - but go!

• Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Glad everything went so well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!  So glad to see someone post a review re: Springs Preserve - I wanted to attend a wedding there and missed it, so its nice to know they do such a great job!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards