Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to

I am drawing a blank on what song I could walk down the aisle to...anyone have ideas or find a good website with suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vitamin String Quartet has a bunch of "modern" songs that they put the string. Sounds lovely

http://www.youtube.com/user/vitaminstringquartet?blend=1&ob=4
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking at options from the Vitamin String Quartet but haven't narrowed it down yet.

Edit - LilMissScareAll is to quick for me.  :)
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking to She's Got A Way by Billy Joel.

Have you checked youtube or iTunes for their greatest wedding hits lists?  There are tons there.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'll be walking down the aisle to Canon in D.

wedding party will be "steady as we go" by Dave Matthews Band; and our exit song is "please forgive me" by David Gray.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I'll have to check these out.

I didn't know ITUNES had wedding music.  I have an iphone, but don't play around with ITUNES much. 

I totally didn't realize that we will have to choose our exiting song and the one for the BM's.  I don't have a WC yet at CP, but I'm sure I will need to choose 3 songs.  Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:c53e1f61-2a5d-4d5e-9b45-acbb97547cf6">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!  I'll have to check these out. I didn't know ITUNES had wedding music.  I have an iphone, but don't play around with ITUNES much.  <strong>I totally didn't realize that we will have to choose our exiting song and the one for the BM's.  I don't have a WC yet at CP, but I'm sure I will need to choose 3 songs. </strong>
    Posted by Diamond1031[/QUOTE]

<div>My bridal party and I all walked down to the same song, Canon in D.  You don't necessarily need separate songs.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    and you don't pick your songs until like a month before the wedding...
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:37a65455-ce7c-4193-b57c-28087ff9d550">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]and you don't pick your songs until like a month before the wedding...
    Posted by aegrish[/QUOTE]
    But it doesn't hurt to start looking at options.  I kind of wish I would have thought about this earlier because now I'm just procrastinating.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does CP have a list of songs we have to choose from or is it our songs we pick?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:94d3923e-31d3-4b2a-993b-593cc009d3ea">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does CP have a list of songs we have to choose from or is it our songs we pick?

<div>I would think they did have a list, but they probably won't email it to you before a certain date. We're almost two months out and our WC emailed us the music list and other details about a month ago. It's totally your choice though; so you might already have all your music picked out by the time you get anything from them. A couple of songs we picked were not in their list so I'm going to have to burn a CD on my own.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish April was here so that I could ask my WC all the questions I have.  We have the package where a live person plays music in the garden and I'm glad I got the link of live music, thanks Olivea!     

Thanks Ladies! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The cp list to choose from is huge! Classics to oldies to pop, all played on the piano. I got mine 2 months out because they were ahead of schedule!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you'll get the list from Caesars 2 months out - and its just a list of the music that can be played live.  you also have the option of playing music from a CD, if you want certain songs that aren't on the list.

you have *plenty* of time to think about this stuff, so no worries.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:c792d46b-3875-4595-a64c-7c7b88899054">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'll be walking down the aisle to Canon in D. wedding party will be "steady as we go" by Dave Matthews Band; and our exit song is "please forgive me" by David Gray.
    Posted by amandajean36[/QUOTE]

Nice, DMB fan?  We are pretty much obsessed, FI was a huge fan before me and since dating him I got hooked.  During the unity candle ceremony we are having "Oh" and the exit song will be "Ants":)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i requested my CP planner send me the list a few months ago. So I could start thinking...I thought it would be more difficult than it was but I looked at the list and pretty much decided within a week. I went to youtube and looked for songs i liked but put "by keyboard" at the end of the seach (our package includes a keyboardist). Some of the songs I loved...didnt sound so good just in keyboard. We are going with Can't Help Falling In Love, Elvis-Bridal Party Entrance, All you need is love, The Beatles-Recessional, and Wanna Grow Old with You, Adam Sandler-Bridal Entrance. The Wedding Singer is my all time favorite movie and the song is simply beauitful on keyboard....I actually teared up when I heard it. 

But once you get a W.C. ask for a list and start looking up the songs you like on youtube. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  Thanks again ladies!  I just hate this waiting....I am waiting until April for when my parents go to LV to put the deposit down for the CP Juno Garden.

I know once I get the ceremony booked it will be much easier.  I'll actaully have a POC and can ask all questions I want and get even more info from them.  I have requested a WC at CP and I am requesting the officant.  Smile

My task now is trying to find a reception site.  I am trying to get more info on The Country Club at Wynn, but they don't give info (menu pricing or f and b mins) until a year out.  I've looked at Smith and Wollenskys which is the only option we like besides The CC at Wynn. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:009c9f66-d8f0-4a0d-bec4-8e9148d66cd3">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awesome!  Thanks again ladies!  I just hate this waiting....I am waiting until April for when my parents go to LV to put the deposit down for the CP Juno Garden.

Can I ask, why your parents are the ones that are actually booking your ceremony?
    Not saying there's anything wrong with people's parents paying for/contributing to the wedding, but shouldn't you be the one booking and signing contracts?
    My parents gave us a very generous gift towards the wedding fund, but they transfered money into my account so that I can pay the vendors. By your parents signing the contracts, that puts them in charge of your wedding, not you. Every contract I've seen, it's the people who sign have the "say", otherwise JOE SCHMO would call up and change detail.
  • Options
    sarahtortsarahtort member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking to Cannon D Once the Strings part starts.  I want build up.

My bridal party is walking in to Sarah McLaughlin's Ordinary Miracle.

We are kissing and walking out to At Last...

I am going ot have some nice music playing as guests are arriving as well.  God bless this broken road, Love song by Enya etc...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_need-ideas-songs-can-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:7ee83415-5eec-4eb7-862b-8dfbabdd736aPost:1174d717-3c59-4a02-837a-22db6f94760b">Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Need ideas for songs I can walk down the aisle to : Can I ask, why your parents are the ones that are actually booking your ceremony? Not saying there's anything wrong with people's parents paying for/contributing to the wedding, but shouldn't you be the one booking and signing contracts? My parents gave us a very generous gift towards the wedding fund, but they transfered money into my account so that I can pay the vendors. By your parents signing the contracts, that puts them in charge of your wedding, not you. Every contract I've seen, it's the people who sign have the "say", otherwise JOE SCHMO would call up and change detail.
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with this. If my mother had control of the wedding there would be no wedding since she is such a procrastinator, and if my MIL had control ....((shudders))

I think it would just be better for you to just sign the contract, they can use your parents cards to pay, just make sure its your name on the line!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will make sure I address this to them. Thanks I never thought about that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ill make sure our names are on the line. :-).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're considering four songs: bridal party walk down: What a Wonderful World, bride walk down: I can't help falling in love with you from Elvis, background wedding music: Ave Maria, bride/groom exit: viva las Vegas also from Elvis.  All of these will be played on a piano with no singing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards