Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

In-suite reception alcohol

For you ladies who had an in-suite reception, could you tell me how many people you had and how much alcohol you bought?
I am at a stand still and have absolutely no idea how much to buy. We will probably have 40 people, with most everyone drinking something, a few more then others. We are planning on only doing beer and wine to keep it easy.

Thanks!

Re: In-suite reception alcohol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had 60 guests. We had:

Around 200 beers
    10 bottles of champagne
    1 handle of Vodka
    1 handle of Captain
    Smaller bottle of SoCo

We didn't bring anything home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a cake and champagne reception, no actual meal. We had about 30 people and brought about 7 or 8 bottles of champagne and brought 2 things of vodka. We had too much champagne, and came back home with 4 bottles. Since our wedding was mid day, everyone only had about one drink before they left.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the evite calculator.  I use it when planning work parties and its pretty accurate. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the evite calculator....it has yet to let me down ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That calculator is great, except I think it should have another box after light, average and heavy drinkers - the number of Irish attending, because the number it calculated for me, I really don't think would be enough!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought the calculator was off when I tried it. Too much wine, too little everything else.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_suite-reception-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:80fd2a6c-e858-40b1-b3ed-d4cbcf716472Post:2d39f6b5-9c2d-424b-94e9-54bf544ce476">Re: In-suite reception alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]That calculator is great, except I think it should have another box after light, average and heavy drinkers - the number of Irish attending, because the number it calculated for me, I really don't think would be enough!!
    Posted by charliesunshine83[/QUOTE]
        HA!
    My family is Irish and I do a little tweaking to the number and I usually don't check the Wine box and just add a couple of bottles of wine to whatever else I am getting.  Most people I plan for are beer or liquor drinkers, if they drink.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mloeksmloeks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I guess we went a little light on the alchol, but we ended up with leftovers because we didn't have many drinkers in our group. We did one bottle of vodka, a bottle of hypnotic for a "blue" signature drink. 1 bottle of rum and some coke for captain's and cokes.
    We had about 12 large bottles of lambic beers as we used this for our toasting because it is a champagne-type beer that my husband and i both loved. We also had purchased two bottles of our own chamagne and ended up with 2 others. We also had a large-pack of beer...but I couldn't tell you that.
    We had 40 people...and like I said we ended up bringing some alchol home with us. Our group was probably more abnormal and people didn't drink a lot. I know a few were nursing hangovers from the days before. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards