Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

My Wedding Weekend Reviews Part 1: The Bach parties/M&G/Getting Ready/DD bus Tour/HM suite

First of all, my wedding was F**kin awesome. It was so much fun and I have a HUSBAND now! Which is all that matters, HOWEVER, I spent so much time and put so much energy and effort into planning this shitshow, that it would have been nice if something went as is was supposed to...

I will start off reviewing everything but the wedding in this post… from the Bach parties Thursday to the bus tour on Sunday.

Bach Parties in NYNY on Thursday:

Ziggurat Suite at NYNY: A+
We had my bachelorette party here. The suite was cool. My MOB decorated the suite with TONS of gold glitter. The room was in pretty bad shape when we left, but we still got the full deposit back. There was plenty of seating space for 20 girls. We played games and played music, and finished off 2 bottles of Patron in 3 hours and no noise complaints!!! It was tons of fun!

Piano Bar at Times Square: A
This place is always fun. It is expensive if you want to sit down, though.

RoK (club inside NYNY): C
They let all of us girls cut the line to get in and didn't charge us a cover. Once we were in the boys from the bachelor party showed up. We were all having a blast dancing and drinking, but then one of my bridesmaids stripped on her shoe and the bouncer told her she had to leave bc she was too drunk! This particular BM was not drunk at all, actually. In fact, she was still on her first cocktail since her flight was delayed from San Fran and she missed the bachelorette party. She was only guilty of wearing high heels and tripping on the spot where the dancefloor meets the carpet. Once I found out she got kicked out I grabbed my entire crew (about 40 people) and we all left at once. It was funny to see the bouncer's face when we all left. The place was dead after that. Jerk.

Meet & Greet in the Vista Suite on the Friday night before the wedding.

Vista Suite: A+ if I disregard everything I had to deal with in their group reservations department... Get it together MB! Anyway, the room itself was awesome!!!! We had the room for a Friday and Saturday night, we wanted it for Thursday, but MB screwed up our reservation (I talked about this in a prior post, so I won't revisit that here). We were able to check into the Vista at 1pm on Friday! This was great since we were having a party in there that started at 6pm. Our guests loved the view from the room. 

Masterpiece Catering
: A+++
One of the best, easiest vendors I worked with! Seriously.
They were easy to get in touch with, easy to book with, were so accommodating, and were pretty much in an out with the set-up. The food was delicious and we had a little leftover. (We ordered for 50 people, but we actually had about 70 people at the party, and there was still plenty). They text me (my preferred method of contact) on Friday to ask me for the room number and they showed up right on time with the delivery. I was impressed. There was a thank you note from them waiting for me in the mailbox when we arrived home. I thought it was a nice touch that I didn't get from any of the other vendors. I would highly recommend them!!

Elvis/Travis Allen:  C
In hindsight, I wouldn't have booked him. First off, his dad was very nice and easy to book with. However, he told me that Travis would be getting a hold of me a week prior to the wedding to ask what songs we wanted. I didn't hear from anyone until about 3pm on the day he was to  perform. His dad started calling my cell phone about 3pm and leaving messages saying it was very impotant that I tell my guests to tip Travis (wtf?) and that I needed to call Travis right away to go over songs and to give him the room number. I didn't answer bc I was at the pool visiting with family/friends I hadnt seen in ages. I texted him when I got back to the room with the room number. He showed up on time (I think) and grabbed one of my guests to come tell me that he had arrived. I sent my MOH outside to give him the balance (in cash)and to tell him to play Viva Las Vegas last and whatever songs he wanted before that.  Well he came in and sang the first two songs, however his speaker was broken and kept cutting in and out, so we only heard about every other word  during the first song.  He sang 3 songs total and then took pictures with everyone that wanted one. He was there for a total of 30 minutes. In conclusion, he was more of a hassle to deal with than he was worth.

Saturday morning, Bridal Brunch

Eiffel Tower Restaurant: A+
This was a Ladie's only brunch hosted by my mom. They were so great to work with! We felt our business was appreciated (which is rare in Vegas) and the food was GREAT!! We had a 3 course brunch consisting of a caesar salad, eggs Benedict, and creme brulee. Everything was delicious. My mom did not want to host a full open bar for this brunch (for financial reasons, but mainly bc my mom was afraid people would get too drunk before the wedding!)  So instead we only offered mimosas and coffee. I don't know how they did it, but the staff was great about not making it awkward.

CLS limos: A
We used them to bring the bridal party and family to the brunch from MB. They were on time and nice.

Saturday, Getting ready:
I should mention that this day was soooo rushed bc we crammed the brunch and wedding into the same day. I wouldn't recommend it, unless you are having a smaller wedding.

Vista Suite:
We used the Vista for the girls to get ready in. It was nice bc that morning the maid stopped by and asked when we would like our room clean and what we wanted left untouched. When I arrived back to the room after the brunch I was amazed how transformed the room was from when we left it 2 hours earlier!  Anyway, this is a great room to get ready in. They have the bar stools to sit on while you get H/MU and there are two bathrooms which is nice.

Francesca Lombardo (and Lori White): A
She was so sweet! Once I told her I had 8 girls that wanted H/MU she enlisted Lori White to help her and her assistant do all of us. My mom, MIL, and 2 junior BMs went in the early morning before the brunch. Francesca was so accommodating. She was more than willing (and even suggested) to come early in the morning to do them, then leave for 3 -4 hours w They left their stuff in the room and arrived back 4 hours later to do the rest of us.
I do have to be honest; I am not usually comfortable having other people do my MU... I like the way I do my own MU and feel like I have spent so much time perfecting my application that nobody else could possibly do a better job on my face than I could. This was the case here, too. I thought that since it was my wedding i needed it professionally done, and that the artist would be some sort of magician! NO disrespect to Francesca, but I wish I would have done it myself.

My hair, on the other hand, was freaking AMAZING and I love, love, love that I had her do it!!!

Todd Wilson, from Bently and Wilson:
Idk what to say here. I wish we had spoken more before the wedding so he had a better idea of what I wanted. I think he did everything right, so I feel like this is really my fault in lack of planning. He started shooting immedialty when he walked in the door and never stopped... but I still didn't get many of the poses I wanted. I wanted a lot more of the groomsman and of the wedding party, and more pics of just me in my dress.  There were 1600 pics total for an 8 hour gig... I feel like other brides had more like 2500.

Sunday, the DD Bus Tour and our suite at Caesars

DD bus Tour: A+++

Maybe it was bc it was the last hosted event so there was a huge amount of stress lifted off me, but this was seriously the most fun I had the entire weekend! My dad made an awesome playlist for the ride (including Hey Baby, Que Paso?  by the Texas Tornados, which I will post a link to the video here soon) and everyone drank Tecate and other canned beer. We had a blast singing along to the music and taking pictures. We got a really great shot of a ton of us under the ‘Welcome’ sign, too. They were easy to book,  quick to respond to emails, on time to pick us up, very accommodating, and VERY NICE!!! If you don’t do anything else, BOOK a DD Bus tour! It is the cheapest event we hosted, but it was the MOST fun!

Caesars Palace: A+

We stayed in a suite in the Augustus tower for the 2 nights following our wedding. It was the nicest hotel room I have ever stayed in. We had our own VIP elevator, and valet, and concierge. We felt like royalty. The bathroom was bigger than my house.

Re: My Wedding Weekend Reviews Part 1: The Bach parties/M&G/Getting Ready/DD bus Tour/HM suite

• Options
    Welcome back and congrats Mrs! Can't wait to see pictures and I Must see pictures from CP. :-). Did you get any pictures of the room you stayed in? I would love to see them. Super excited to see pictures of your amazing wedding.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Congratualtions!
    I'm glad most of your reviews are good!

Sorry to hear you had trouble with Travis, he was amazing at our wedding. My husband said he was his favorite part of the whole day.

And with Todd I think 1600 is normal, thats what we got back anyways.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic PersonalMilestone BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    These are awesome reviews, thanks!  I have Todd too and I'm making a mental note to touch base with him beforehand to give him some guidance...thanks for the tip.  Can't wait to see the rest of your reviews!
  • Options
    CONGRATS, MRS!!!

I'm excited to see all your positive reviews, and I'm sorry to hear about the negative ones.  Brunch at Eiffel Tower sounds gloooooorious.

Thanks for the reviews!
  • Options
    Welcome back Mrs.!  Great first reviews.  Getting ready to read the 2nd ones now
  • Options
    Congrats!!!  I can't wait to see pictures!!!  :)

I'm glad you reviewd the Ziggurat suite.  I've got that booked for our stay and am a little nervous because there really haven't been any reviews on that suite and the few I've see has been mixed.  But it sounds like you loved it!  One question though, it has a bedroom - with a door that closes right?  Just wondering because FI and I are staying in the same room the night before the wedding and wanted to be able to get ready without him seeing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    WOW!! You guys did a lot of things! Sounds like a super fun wedding! Thanks so much for such great reviews. Congratulations!!! 
    A work in progress: MY PLANNING BIO Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_my-wedding-weekend-reviews-part-1-the-bach-partiesmggetting-readydd-bus-tourhm-suite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:810106f4-ba2c-4ec2-98a5-8b8471935668Post:ffedf400-9fd7-4887-830c-4723acd99d66">Re: My Wedding Weekend Reviews Part 1: The Bach parties/M&G/Getting Ready/DD bus Tour/HM suite</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!!  I can't wait to see pictures!!!  :) I'm glad you reviewd the Ziggurat suite.  I've got that booked for our stay and am a little nervous because there really haven't been any reviews on that suite and the few I've see has been mixed.  But it sounds like you loved it!  <strong>One question though, it has a bedroom - with a door that closes right? </strong> Just wondering because FI and I are staying in the same room the night before the wedding and wanted to be able to get ready without him seeing.
    Posted by amber0389[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a door that closes off the bedroom from the living room.
  • Options

Congrats! and thanks for the reviews, can't wait to see pics. It sounds like an amazing couple of days.

So just to clarify you had 70 guests in the Vista Suite? What was that like?

• Options
    Congrats and glad to see that any hang ups were few and far between!  ^^
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards