Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

New to LV Board - Suggestions for Jewish ceremony??

Hi - I am new to the board...we were originally planning a larger wedding in Los Angeles scheduled for the end of August, but now due to family issues we are looking into planning a small wedding (30 or less) in Vegas where my fiances grandparents live. I feel like I am starting completely over in planning (which sucks), but I guess that's how it is! Hopefully LV will be less stressful :)

We are looking for a ceremony site that would be all inclusive for up to ~30 guests and would be able to perform a Jewish ceremony (we aren't really religious, but it would make our families happy)....any suggestions? We are looking at the Wynn, MB, Caesars and Bellagio. We'd prefer to keep the ceremony budget down to less than or around $7000.

For the reception we are thinking of just going out to a nice dinner somewhere close to or in one of the hotels where we would have the ceremony.We don't really want to do the insuite reception....at this point we just want to get it over with and not have the typical/traditional reception (dancing, etc). We would try to have a private room at a restaurant and would splurge a little more for food, drinks and dessert (roughly $3-4000 depending on how many guests).

Let me know if you are bride who planned or is planning a Jewish ceremony in LV...or if you have any tips/suggestions :) A lot of the hotel packages that are reasonable do not have the Rabbi (which as much as I'd like to not have...needs to be included!) haha.

Thanks!!

Re: New to LV Board - Suggestions for Jewish ceremony??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi there, I'm not a Jewish bride but the Wynn (where I'm getting married) has a Jewish ceremony package. I can totally recommend them for the level of their services. We have been dealing with our WCs since August and haven't had one single issue. I practically made friends with them. If you like the hotel I would suggest going to Tableau for lunch/dinner. We were also given the choice of reserving tables at the Country Club, also beautiful, with terraces overlooking the golf course and waterfall. We opted for an in-suite though, so I can't be of any further help on this.
    GL and happy planning!

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    like Wiwiwcaty I'm also not Jewish but I have had a great experience working with Caesars for my ceremony so far.  Even being a few months out, my WC responds to my email questions almost immediately and has been helpful in explaining what outside vendors I can use, what i can bring, etc.  Also, not sure what type of food/atmosphere you are looking for in the reception venue, but the Forum Shops at Caesars has a lot of great options.  I originally wanted to have my recepting at Joe's Stone Crab & Steak, but they were booked (total bummer).  I ended up booking at Trevi Italian though, and the Catering manager there is super nice as well.  For about $6500 (including gratuity), we're having a ton of food from appetizers to desserts, a 3 hour open bar package (premium liqours) and linens, for 60 people.
  • Options
    LansincaLansinca member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,

I'm getting married at the Flamingo in April and we are having a Jewish ceremony.  We almost went with Ceasar's, but their package for a Jewish ceremony was a bit much considering our wedding is pretty small (30ish people are attending). Also, the venues at the Flamingo are amazing and their packages are better than most of the other hotels.

The experience has been really good so far.  They don't do a lot of Jewish ceremonies, but they have been accomodating to everything I want or need for my ceremony.  We looked at a lot of different venues prior to going with the Flamingo and ultimately decided on it, because of their williness to work with our needs and desires for our ceremony.

If you have any specific questions about planning a Jewish ceremony in Las Vegas just let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also loked at the Jewish pkg at Ceasars but think its to formal for us. It does look nice though.
    Fuuck your feelings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not Jewish either but this came up with our venue. Not sure about the price either. Four Seasons does do a lot of Jewish weddings and they have a full kosher kitchen if that is helpful to you. Its connected to Mandalay Bay so even if you wanted to use their chapel and have the reception in a small room at four seasons that might be an option. They have a list of rabbis on their preferred vendors. The wedding coordinator is Melanie, she is fantastic and everything is very al a carte so its not a "package".
  • Options
    linzerzlinzerz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info girls! I'm sure I will have more questions once we try to narrow down at least a ceremony site :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards