North Carolina

Crabtree Crate & Barrel closing

I received an email yesterday that their Crabtree store closes January 23.  They are opening one in Southpoint.  Don't know if anyone had registered there (we did) or was thinking about it.  It is the one closest for our guests unless ordering online.  Just an FYI.

Re: Crabtree Crate & Barrel closing

• NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh. . . . I know I shouldn't go, but now I want to. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yes we also registered at Belk so I'm not too worried about it.
  • edited December 2011
    Have you registered anywhere else? It might be easier for your guests if you register at more than one place.
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Southpoint isnt tooo terribly far. Plus there is more shopping there than Crabtree. I live in Fuquay and prefer Southpoint anyways and it takes us all of 30-40 mins to get there (same time for Crabtree). Basically, I wouldn't worry tooo much about the store change.

Crate and Barrel's registry is awesome though! Just want to say that. It was the easiest and most organized when we registerd :o)

-ps. I totally thought you were saying they were going to have a huge clearance / discount sale. :o(
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Crabtree Crate & Barrel to add a few things to my registry last week and a lot of their stuff is marked down and on sale. I live in Durham so them moving to Southpoint is a good thing for us. I think a lot of the younger people though will end up shopping online though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think their main reason for moving is that they'll be able to get a larger store. So, maybe they'll have even more stuff that you can go look at and add to your registry! :)

• edited December 2011
    I heard they were adding a larger furniture section and that's why they were moving.
    C+D, Four kids, two kids-in-law, four grandkids
  • edited December 2011
    Most Crate and Barrel's are free standing buildings with a large furniture section on the second floor. It is my understanding that is why they are moving to Durham - more space for more merchandise. It's really a win win for everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards