Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

airport to courthouse to hotel?

What are you all doing (or have you done) when it comes to actually going to Clark County and picking up your marriage license? Are you going straight there from the airport and then to your hotel? Or are you going to stop at the hotel, check in, drop off your stuff and then go get your license?

I guess I am trying to figure out what makes the most sense, and if going either route is more cost effective.

Thanks

Photobucket My Eddie and GusGus :)Photobucket

Re: airport to courthouse to hotel?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We checked into our hotel first. We arrived in the morning and had the car booked at 6pm to go to the courthouse.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely wouldn't go straight to the courthouse unless you pack really light and can take your bags in with you.  Even if you pre-register it's hit or miss as to whether you'll be in and out in five minutes or 55 minutes.  We went early on a Thursday morning and it took 45 minutes to go through the pre-registered line.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Unless your using a by-the-hour limo rental, you want to go to your hotel first. Do you really want to stand in line with all your luggage? We got in and out in under 20m on a Friday, but you never know.
    Andplusalso, don't you want to freshen up so you can do a cute picture in front of the building?!
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I didn't realize that it might take more than a few minutes to get your license even if you are pre-registered!  Thanks for the heads up!

Is there a day that isn't (or doesn't seem) to be as busy as others?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on checking in at hotel so I can leave all our bags there & then heading out to get marriage license, the one right by the strip says it's open till midnight.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_airport-courthouse-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:865bca96-2716-4174-861e-0f6285892d73Post:831bd2b4-d38b-4016-9053-63d0fbf6c76d">Re: airport to courthouse to hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan on checking in at hotel so I can leave all our bags there & then heading out to get marriage license, the one right by the strip says it's open till midnight.
    Posted by hgaf[/QUOTE]

The one you have to go to is not by the strip, well at least the part that everyone considers the strip; it's a 15 minute cab ride at least.  The marriage license express window is at this location:

Marriage License Bureau
    201 E Clark Ave.
    Las Vegas, NV 89155

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We were there on a Sunday at 6pm and were the only ones. Took us 5 minutes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its kind of hit or miss with how long it takes. We went at around 4:30ish on a Friday of Labor Day weekend. Took about 15~20 minutes.There was 1 couple in line in front of us and 2 already at the express windows. There were 2 preregistered windows and 1 regular window open.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i dont know why.... but i TOTALLY forgot i would have luggage AND a dress. what the heck was i thinking LOL

i think we will definitely be stopping at the hotel first...

Photobucket My Eddie and GusGus :)Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards