Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Flamingo Hotel Buffet

Warning - do not eat here. We had a party of 10 eat at this buffet the night before my wedding. Of the 10 people, 4 of us were sick (myself - the bride - included) We spoke with the manager, David, who has done nothing but deny that we were ill because of this place, stating that food poisining takes 24-48 hours to set in. He beleives that we ate somewhere  a night or 2 before and the sickness just set in with all of us while we were at his buffet (which seems possible right...? NO! because all 10 of us got into Vegas on different days and that was the 1st day we were all meeting up for dinner) We ate here because 2 of the 10 had tickets for the free buffet - NOT worth it. If you or anyone else you know gets free tickets to this buffet skip it. It is not worth it! 
Anniversary

Re: Flamingo Hotel Buffet

• Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds pretty serious.  I'll take the warning though...my wedding is at the Flamingo.  Thanks and sorry to hear about your sickness.

Anniversary
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ate there in May. Fortunately none of us got sick, but it was my least favorite of the buffets we ate at.
  • Options
    imafoxximafoxx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( I'm sad to hear this. I have a dinner here planned for my wedding in a month :S
    I hope you are all feeling better now and it didn't last too long while you were all in vegas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry guys, I hope you all have good experiences. I just wanted to be honest and give the future Vegas brides a heads up about this place.
    Good luck girls
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh man, that's scary with a capital "S."  Are they part of that Buffet of Buffets (the $40 all day deal)?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes the Buffet of Buffets incudes the Harrah's properties (of which Flamingo is one).

I'm sorry you got sick that's horrible!  We eat here every trip (are having our breakfast buffet for the wedding here) and have never had any problems. I love their breakfast buffet and it has one of the most beautiful views of any buffet in town since you can look out into the gardens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_flamingo-hotel-buffet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:865f12f4-4743-45db-b9d6-a477011e3cffPost:747b6fbc-71de-48f0-a1a2-7117068a2716">Re: Flamingo Hotel Buffet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh man, that's scary with a capital "S."  Are they part of that Buffet of Buffets (the $40 all day deal)?
    Posted by cinegrad[/QUOTE]

It's $45.99 now too unless you have the Total Rewards card. It's still a deal, but the price keeps creeping up.

Sorry about your experience pizzaandfries, food poisoning sucks! Hope you are feeling better!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we started our Buffet of Buffets there.  It's a very beautiful facility, but the breakfast was awful.  The food was all bland and cold (really, how do you screw up breakfast?!?), the line moved really slowly because of problems with the cashiers, and our server NEVER came to refill our drinks or clear our plates.  Even when we asked repeatedly.  She just sat with another table of guests chatting with them the whole time.  Definitely not going back there.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI was in a wedding at the Flamingo and they had their dinner at the buffet that nice, they had no problems and he said everyone really liked the food.  Granted that was 4 years ago, but like any place people will sometimes have a bad experience. 

Sorry about yours though, that would not be fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree the view was beautiful, we had a window seat and had a perfect view of the waterfalls and fish swimming. Our server was also horrible. When asked she wouldn't refill the drinks, instead she stood with a fellow server and chatted. I finally got sick of it and filled my own drink! I'm sorry to scare anyone planning a meal here, I just want you to be on the lookout. And if something isn't right, speak with the Manager immedtly. He refuses to work with us now saying that I should have come back in the next day (MY WEDDING DAY) to speak with him about it all again... Um hello? My wedding day. So instead of taking care of this peacefully, he is blaming me for the food poinoning since I was more involved with the wedding then reporting it for the second time... Sorry to get on a rant, I'm just still upset with the whole situation.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will keep this in mind since we are getting married there in less than 2wks and planned on doing the buffet pass.
  • Options
    ShaunaCookShaunaCook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we eat here once per trip to vegas (5-6 times a year) and have never had an issue.  we love the food and atmos - sorry you had issues there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards