Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Are you having Bridesmaids?

Just wanted to see how many of you are doing semi-trad or trad Bridesmaids?
I am doing 4 BM and my Groom has 2 GM...
Post their BM dresses too!

xxB
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had 4.  PIP doesn't seem to work so here's a link to a pic.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/29z24c6.jpg 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:5b05b08f-b107-46ed-b5ea-d291ab3f1bc8">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had 4.  PIP doesn't seem to work so here's a link to a pic. <a href="http://i55.tinypic.com/29z24c6.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://i55.tinypic.com/29z24c6.jpg</a>  
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]
    WOW... You look so beautiful! Love your colors!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not having any. With our crazy Elvis wedding, we figured the two of us are enough.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 5!! I felt like it was too many for a Vegas wedding, but then I was like EFF it! These people are too close to me to cut them out for no reason.

They are each getting their own black dress. My little sister wants to wear this, but none of us can get over the fact that she looks about 20 instead of 15!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 4.  My two sisters and my two bffs.  I told them to wear any black dress they wanted.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:1e9c3db9-49c6-4511-8c93-d85a364f28dc">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had 4.  My two sisters and my two bffs.  I told them to wear any black dress they wanted.
    Posted by Olivea12[/QUOTE]

<div>Worked great for you!</div><div>Originally i was going to say "any champagne colored dress" but when all my girls took a shine to the same dress at H&M i ended up with trad-bridesmaids after all!</div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:3b4d735a-d033-46ae-b203-c9c455283465">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you having Bridesmaids? : WOW... You look so beautiful! Love your colors!
    Posted by downtownbebebrown[/QUOTE]
    Thanks!
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:ece2c2f6-e17b-4db1-9653-17645e93e864">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having 5!! I felt like it was too many for a Vegas wedding, but then I was like EFF it! These people are too close to me to cut them out for no reason. They are each getting their own black dress. My little sister wants to wear this, but none of us can get over the fact that she looks about 20 instead of 15!
    Posted by Natrasha[/QUOTE]

<div>15!!!!!! jailbate...j/k</div><div>Maybe suggest a long black dress to stand out as your sister and someone special? It will be less risqué?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having 2. My little sister and my best friend.

My sister likes this dress:
    but it will be in cherry w/ black trim

My best friend is a slacker and hasn't picked out a dress yet. As long as the two of them end up in the same color, I don't care.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    3 BMs and my sister as MOH.

They bought this but in floor length.

Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I really only wanted 1, but ended up with my 2 besties and my sister...so happy, I didnt realize how much I would need them the morning of:

Charity

Edit - Direy I so love that your MOH has a different color dress/flowers. Your whole color scheme is awesome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:3266e31e-10ea-4910-b452-bf8cd9efb335">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having 2. My little sister and my best friend. My sister likes this dress: but it will be in cherry w/ black trim My best friend is a slacker and hasn't picked out a dress yet. As long as the two of them end up in the same color, I don't care.
    Posted by LilMissScareAll[/QUOTE]

OMG I saw this one and suggested it to the girls, but they chose another one.  I love that it has multiple colors to choose from. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My ceremony package says I can have up to 5 on each side so I will only have 4 and the FI will have 4 or 5.  :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:0866a786-2036-40a0-9751-c7fe1fcf36a0">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really only wanted 1, but ended up with my 2 besties and my sister...so happy, I didnt realize how much I would need them the morning of: Charity Edit - Direy I so love that your MOH has a different color dress/flowers. Your whole color scheme is awesome!
    Posted by missjets[/QUOTE]

Thank you Charity!  We actually weren't originally going to do that - we originally thought the dress that she chose came in the same dark purple but found out afterwards that it didn't.  That was the only dress that she really liked so we went with the lavender instead.
    Married 5.6.11

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @downtown - I love that BM dress!

We're having 5 BMs and 6 GMs, I had 6 BMs but one had to go and get pregnant again, and she's just flaky and would have probably backed out anyways.

Here's their dress, but the grey is lighter than the picture looks:

• Options
    csusunshinecsusunshine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had 6 girls stand up with me and I wouldn't change it for the world. I was so happy I had them with me on my big day.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No attendants - just us. 

I'm the quintessential anti-bride and already totally intimidated by the whole wedding dress thing, so the thought of having to pick out more ensembles scares the crap out of me!  Lord help me when I start shopping next month...Surprised
    "You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No way...lol
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kateynjoekateynjoe member
    edited December 2011
    We will be having 6 on each side. My maid of honor is my big sister and my forever soulmate! My bridesmaids are my FI's sister, my closest cousin, and 3 of my lifetime friends. I can't wait have them all stay the night at my house the day before.... It will be like a grown up slumber party :) I know it's far away, but I'm still crazy excited!!!!!!

Since they are all coming from different places I'm going to have them pick out their own above the knee dresses from David's Bridal in our colors.
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having 4 on each side. I can't seam to load my planning bio to show a pic but it's in there. To be honest I'm not a fan of my bridesmaid dresses but they fit my budget and by the time they came in it was too late to change them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had 3 bm and gm, flower girl and ring bearer stand up for us. My oldest sis was moh and I couldn't leave my youngest and his sis out of it. Although I would of liked to leave his out. She's nothing but DRAMA!! I couldn't be mean like that. Then she almost backed out 3 days before we left. Nice huh! They each picked out their own style Belsoie dress. They only had to be black, chiffon, and tea length.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:4e2155bd-22bd-4802-ad03-dd45e74df2bf">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are you having Bridesmaids? : Thank you Charity!  We actually weren't originally going to do that - we originally thought the dress that she chose came in the same dark purple but found out afterwards that it didn't.  That was the only dress that she really liked so we went with the lavender instead.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

Well you did a great job with the flowers to tie it all together!  Sometimes misshaps turn into such a great thing! Love it!

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2 on each side. The ladies are wearing whatever black dress they want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    neither of us are having attendants - I grew apart from most of my friends and his best friend may or may not be able to attend.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kim505kim505 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_having-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:87abdfa6-640a-48b2-ae98-8c3243d59c51Post:a29a26d5-ccee-47f6-873a-0972ea2de990">Re: Are you having Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I'm the quintessential anti-bride and already totally intimidated by the whole wedding dress thing, so the thought of having to pick out more ensembles scares the crap out of me! Posted by SportsBear47[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Agreed!

</div>
    White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We both asked 3 each but at last count I will have 1 and FI will have 2 GM's. No pic of the dress as my BM has it at home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one MOH

This one shows her dress better.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am just going to have a MOH, haven't made any final decisions though. And I will let her/them (if I have more) pick their own black dresses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards