Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Little Buddha @ the Palms

... just wondering if anyone has eaten here and what your thoughts were?

As we have lost Rumjungle, this looks like a very good alternative. The group menus start from $45 for 3 courses and their bar packages are a very reasonable $50 for 2-hours of Premium drinks, beers and wine (there are cheaper packages for lower quality brands).

The decor looks lovely, and they are associated with the Buddha Bar chain which my mum is a HUGE fan of (she has all the CD's) - so yeah, it ticks all the boxes. They have been quick with their responses as well, which is a lot more than I can say for many other places (Wynn restaurants, I am talking to YOU)

I was thinking after we eat we could all go upstairs to the rooftop bar Moon - which looks just as funky as MIX.

I think we are going to book up tonight. My Wedding Mojo has returned!

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra

Re: Little Buddha @ the Palms

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks good to me!  On a different note, don't let losing your reception venue get you down!  I know it is stressfull, we lost Fleur de Lys due to renevations 4 month before our wedding!  Mandalay set us up with China Grill and its actually a better space and for the same price!  So, it will all work out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have eaten at Little Buddha several times, for sushi near the Strip it is our favorite but it's not cheap! However, the group pricing you mentioned above is very reasonable. The atmosphere is very cool and the seating space is very open. I have never been there when it's super busy and haven't been to MIX yet but have heard very good things about it. As a local, I really like The Palms and Hard Rock for fun off the Strip. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds great! Gribbles, your wedding is one I would definitely want to attend as a knottie! It will be great :)
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much everyone! Future Mrs Rumley, I remember your situation and I was very impressed with your get-on-with-it attitude!

I have been looking at reviews of Little Buddha online and they are mostly very good. I have just emailed them a list of questions and if the answers are ok then we are going to go for it. The menu looks lush - orange chicken, crispy chicken spring rolls, white chocolate cheesecake.... :drool:

And Moon bar looks fab. It's surprising how much more you get for your money by going even slightly off-Strip.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gribbles,

I agree with the off-strip comment, I ended up choosing a restaurant off the strip, their prices and flexibility are so much better!  

Now I need to find an after party back on the strip to bring everybody back after dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_little-buddha-palms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8a2bd1e8-1018-410a-a8f3-43b9fec27cf6Post:ac3f091b-85f0-4171-9d58-7f94f242b2ec">Little Buddha @ the Palms</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was thinking after we eat we could all go upstairs to the rooftop bar Moon - which looks just as funky as MIX. I think we are going to book up tonight. My Wedding Mojo has returned!
    Posted by Gribbles[/QUOTE]

As far as Moon vs Mix Lounge, they're pretty different.  Moon is typically loud enough that you won't be able to hear each other talk unless you raise your voice a decent amount, you will often see 'interesting' people getting up on the cat walks behind the private table areas that surround the dance floors, and by interesting I mean drunk girls grinding on each other, and at times it can be pretty hot inside since it does have an open roof and sometimes vegas is hot enough that the a/c doesn't quite keep up.  It's not horrible but if your guests are in suits from being at a wedding, Moon may be a bit warm.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tip VegasGroom! Our wedding is in March so it shouldn't be too warm. I have been looking at Ghostbar as well - I love the idea of being able to look through the glass patio down 55 storeys! What's the vibe like there? We want somewhere were we can chill afterwards yet have the option to dance. I am obsessed with rooftop bars as well...

We have booked Little Buddha! They were great to work with, and very quick to respond. We have a 3-course custom menu including 4 appetisers and 2 entrees being served family-style and a 2-hour call bar package for $90 per head. We are supplying our own cake and after asking nicely, they agreed to waive the $5/head cutting fee. No deposit required either! Sorted.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Gribbles - did Rumjungle ever actually contact you to let you know they were closing?  I thought you had mentioned that they hadn't earlier when someone else posted about being contacted.  Just curious...

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_little-buddha-palms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8a2bd1e8-1018-410a-a8f3-43b9fec27cf6Post:e1ea4a38-60b9-41c8-a6cf-b43d65ab89cf">Re: Little Buddha @ the Palms</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the tip VegasGroom! Our wedding is in March so it shouldn't be too warm. I have been looking at Ghostbar as well - I love the idea of being able to look through the glass patio down 55 storeys! What's the vibe like there? We want somewhere were we can chill afterwards yet have the option to dance. I am obsessed with rooftop bars as well...
    Posted by Gribbles[/QUOTE]

I really love Ghost but if you thought Moon was loud, Ghost is impossible to hear without yelling lol.  Is your wedding on Friday/Saturday?  If so, Ghost might not be a good option because not only is it loud, but they typically require the purchase of one bottle for each four people if you want a table reservation, and bottles start at $300 so that can add up quick.  The second problem with Fri/Sat is that at least two months ago when I was there, they set the DJ up outside on top of the friggin glass floor area so one of the best parts of the club you couldn't even experience; that part kind of pissed me off.

Ghost used to be my favorite because I liked the music the best, electronic dance, but they've cranked the volume up so high and have gotten so pricey on the tables that I am not that much of a fan anymore.  I've been there at least eight or nine times prior to June of this year and never had a problem getting a table for 8 or less with one bottle, the DJ was not outside on top of the best part of the balcony and the volume was about the same as any other lounge where it was loud but you could still talk if you raised your voice, it really wasn't that enjoyable this time around and I found myself at Moon more often.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, they didn't! I found out from EncoreBride on here and waited a few days but nothing. 

In the end I had to ring China Grill Management to ask them to refund our 'facility fee' - I got a 'sorry about that' apology as I we said goodbye, and that was it!
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that's ridiculous.  Thank goodness for these message boards!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Food here is Amazing!
    We went here for ny sisters bacholorette party and we all loved it!
    I wanted here for my reception  but only thing that put me off was that with the maount of guests we are having (45) we wouldnt have the room totally private, however they did say they could reserve the patio for us and that that would be private :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards