Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

beginner wynn bride, in house photography or not?

Hi everyone!

Our wedding will be extremely intimate, with just a couple or two of friends joining us. We're not planning on leaving the hotel since we won't be holding a reception so I think we only need two hours tops to get nice pictures around the hotel grounds. Does it make sense to hire an outside photographer? 
Is a wynn photographer going to cost me $$$ and do the same thing an outsider can do for $ ???

thank you! much appreciated :-)

Re: beginner wynn bride, in house photography or not?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wynn is pretty strict about outside photography, and I believe they no longer allow any outside professional photographers on their property at all.  So your only choice would be to use their photographer and it's likely anything above and beyond whatever is included in your wedding package will cost a pretty penny.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On the wynn website are the photography prices in the wedding section.  I suggest you take a look at the add on costs.  One thing to note if you stay with Cashman, the package price does not include digital rights to your photos and that can be very very expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, any resort that uses Cashman is pretty much a no-win situation for the couple getting married.  All forbid outside photographers from their chapels, and I know Venetian bars outside photographers from the entire property, even if you rent a private ballroom and pay them to host the reception.  As a PP said, if Wynn is now banning photogs from the whole property, it could result in a less than ideal situation if you try to use one and the resort security has an issue with it...

We ruled out Venetian mostly due to this issue since we weren't willing to take a chance on having photographer issues and the Cashman price for digital copies of your photos averages $800 to $1000 per hour of shooting.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For my wedding at the wynn in october, my wedding co-ordinator actually quoted me about $800 if I wanted an outside photographer to come and shoot photos during my ceremony at the wynn, which obivously wasn't worth it for us.
    Just bare in mind, Ive read quite a few reviews on here talking about the poor job that cashman pro has done in the past, im sure thats not the case with all their photographers but it was enough of a scare for us to book an outside photographer to capture pre and post wedding photos, the petite ceremony package that I got at the wynn has the wynn photographer included for one hour to capture ceremony photos.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ mhoneybee

what does "digital rights" mean?... and why so expensive?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_beginner-wynn-bride-house-photography-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8b74a31d-7474-482c-8213-8b885897c060Post:4e27bc26-411d-428d-8d80-55a41a2c1f53">Re: beginner wynn bride, in house photography or not?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ mhoneybee what does "digital rights" mean?... and why so expensive? thanks :-)
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Any of the resorts that have a contract with Cashman Photography to provide the photography services only gets you prints, and the specifc number outlined in your photo portion of the contract.  For example, the wedding package might include one hour of photography and 20 3x5's, 10 8x10's, some wallets, etc. and that is all you get, you do not get a CD with all the digitals on them so you can make more prints, you're forced to either order more from them, scan the prints you have and hope they come out well or pay for the digital rights to the pictures which gets you the CD/DVD full of the digital images they shot, at a rate of $800 to $1000 per hour of photography taken.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thanks!
    I think we might be ok with not having the cd with all the digitals, we can always have more prints without spending $1000/hour... For some reason I have a feeling that dealing with an outside photographer would create more problems than it would solve. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Digitals rights or copyright is the implicit consent to do what you want with the images.

Just to add to what VegasGroom wrote, Cashman told us they only store the images for 6 months and then the images are destroyed after that (whether this is true or not I don't know, but that is their stated policy).  Without having a cd/dvd of your images you have no backup in case your pictures are damaged or lost and no access to the images after that time has passed.

Are you considering doing pictures outside of the property or do you only want pictures at the Wynn?  Let me say, I think cashman did a really great job on our photos and the quality was very good, but the sticker shock for the rights to our photos was a hard pill to swallow and our mistake was only doing family shots with the hotel photographers.  If I had to do it over again, I'd still buy the rights to our photos.

I was going to do an actual example of what it would cost you to upgrade the photography and the cost of purchasing additional photos (not even digital rights), but the pdfs on the website don't appear to be available anymore.

After all is said and done, your pictures are what you will have to remember your wedding day.  Do what fits into your budget, it's just important to consider the additional costs you may incur and what's most important to you

• Options
    atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PPs are correct that the digital rights will be expensive, but the in house Wynn photog that I had was fantastic.  I looked through proof books and was able to select who I wanted to take the pics at our wedding and I feel it made a huge difference.  If you can get Joe or Emily you'll be very pleased :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mhoneybee.....On the pics you got did they have a sticker mark thing on them then? This is what I was worrying about :S Thanks x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The ones they posted online do have a watermark that you can't remove so as to protect them from being used outside of their purpose.  We bought prints and the rights and they are not watermarked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards