Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Shower

Well since my FI and I are getting married in vegas we thought of having a meet and greet type of wedding shower before we left since most of our families don't plan on coming to vegas with us. We were thinking of having a bbq in August since our wedding is in early September. Is anyone else doing the same thing? I would love to hear what you think!

Re: Wedding Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a wonderful idea! the only thing to remember (please don't take this like I am being snarky!) Make sure if you and your FI are hosting don't call it a "Shower" if you know another family member is hosting this for you and your FI then it can be called a "Shower" otherwise I would call it "A Going To Vegas Party" or something a long those lines...Sorry, it is just an etiquette thing =)
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is very inappropriate for you and FI to host your own shower. Maybe have it at another family member or friend's house.  Agree w/pp if you do host at your home, then please do NOT call it a shower or expect people to bring shower gifts. A bbq as a send off to Vegas is fine, but not a shower hosted by the bride & groom, etiquette no, no.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Having a bon voyage BBQ at your house. It would be really cute! 
  • Options
    rachel.wengerrachel.wenger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  Just my two cents on this one.  :-)

I just had my first bridal shower today.  One of my bridesmaids threw it at my house.  She put everything together...I just had to clean.  It was amazing! 

We are going to Vegas to get married in January and having a reception next June to celebrate with friends and family.  I would suggest maybe doing something of that sort...then you can share all of your excitement and fun with your family, making it more of a reception.  You might find that to be fun as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. You really shouldn't host your own shower. Like Rachel, someone else hosted my shower at my house, but even having one felt very awkward to me. I think a BBQ is a great idea, and will be tons of fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I appreciate all the imput. But I wouldn't be host my own wedding shower if our family would have one for us. They made it clear that they didnt want to host anything at their homes. Just not sure what to do is all Frown
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Humm....Well, personally I would just do an At Home Reception when you returned and just not call it a 'shower' IMO
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards