Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Harmony or Ferreira for hair and makeup?

im down to two choices for hair and makeup and ive got 2 1/2 weeks till my big day! Has anyone used them before? Has anyone heard much about Ferreira? Who would you recommend, Harmony or Ferreira? Im really prett good with makeup myself and am worried I wont be so impressed with just any makeup artist.. but time is running short! 

Re: Harmony or Ferreira for hair and makeup?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow just 2 weeks away I would pick whoever isn't already booked, if they're even available. Not familiar with fererria....do you mean Francesca)
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    they are both good from the reviews I read but Harmony is cheaper
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Melissa is more expensive than the others, but I absolutely loved her. She did an amazing job on my hair and makeup. It lasted all day. This is a pic of my hair and makeup. It's not the best but it's all  have for now. I would recommend her from my experience! I loved my hair and makeup. I didn't stop smiling all day. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had Harmony do my h/mu. I loved her, very down to earth. But my hair did not last curled all day ( could of just been my hair though) and the mu looked great but the fake eyelashes were coming off by the reception. So needless to say in all my photos I have this strand of hair that's kind of straight in all my photos. Oh well nothing I can do about it now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_harmony-ferreira-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8de2fe3f-3d35-4cf9-b8ea-88c687310d19Post:27673604-2b74-4233-aaf6-ee559f9516c4">Re: Harmony or Ferreira for hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had Harmony do my h/mu. I loved her, very down to earth. But my hair did not last curled all day ( could of just been my hair though) and the mu looked great but the fake eyelashes were coming off by the reception. So needless to say in all my photos I have this strand of hair that's kind of straight in all my photos. Oh well nothing I can do about it now.
    Posted by motochick25[/QUOTE]

Did Harmony charge extra for the fake eyelashes?  Did you get airbrush makeup?  Did she charge extra for that?

(I booked Harmony :))
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked with Harmony for my wedding.. I worked with 3 times in the past year.. my hair has always stayed in place, my makeup has always been flawless and she is just a pleasure to be around.

NYcheryl the eyelashes are included.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_harmony-ferreira-hair-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8de2fe3f-3d35-4cf9-b8ea-88c687310d19Post:86858b34-13c9-4268-856e-5795cb8cb1d2">Re: Harmony or Ferreira for hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked with Harmony for my wedding.. I worked with 3 times in the past year.. my hair has always stayed in place, my makeup has always been flawless and she is just a pleasure to be around. NYcheryl the eyelashes are included.
    Posted by ninaq06@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Nina! :)
  • Options
    superxer01superxer01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Harmony as well - wedding isn't for another 2 months but I've got high hopes, her reviews have been nothing but positive...

The one thing I'm worried about is having  3 BM's, 2 Moms and 1 FSIL also having hair and makeup done... Harmony has assured me she'd be able to do it, but FI doesn't want her to be overwhelmed - anyone have her work on extra people??
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info ladies!Smile
  • Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can guarantee that Harmony can do big parties:)!  I was one person away from being her largest party ever... 6 Bridesmaides, 2 mothers and me:).  Wedding was at 3... she started at 8 and was done by 2ish.

She was awesome... I can't rave about her enough! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards