Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

4 hrs. or 6 hrs. w/Todd, which did you do?

I'm debating on this, which did you do?  I want pics of getting ready up  until the in-suite reception with some pics there, but I wouldn't think he'd have to be there longer than an hour.  But have no clue really.  Our ceremony is at 6 and I'm not sure yet if we'll do a photo tour but I'm thinking probably.  Ceremony is at the Flamingo, reception at Mandalay.

Was 4 hours enough for you or no?

Re: 4 hrs. or 6 hrs. w/Todd, which did you do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We actually did 5 hours. He arrived a 6pm. Our wedding was a 7:15 downstairs in the chapel. We did pix around MB then upstairs for reception. If I could do it again, I would have gone w/ 6 hours and had him come earlier for more getting ready pix
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have him booked for 6 hours right now - but I'm thinking of going up to 8.  I would rather have way too many pictures then feel like I was rushed or not have some of the little detail pictures. 

We plan on doing a first look, a strip tour, getting ready pics, and some reception shots - so I think the more time we have with him, the better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked for 8.  I was going to go for 6 but then realized it was only $100 more for another 2 hrs so just went for it.  

I think it depends if you want the photo tour before or after, we are doing it before so that takes a good chunk of time.  If you do it after on the way to the reception 4 hrs might be enough.  I've heard he stays later sometimes.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was originallygoing to go for 5 hours but decided on 6 just incase there were any delays during the day! The price difference was small enough not to matter.But photos are the one thing i didn't want to mess up so I guess it depends on how important they are to you and if you were happy to have non pro photos of parts of your wedding (for example we are having a friend take the nighttime photos along the strip because we can not afford Todd for that long and didn't want to have to make him sit around for the reception as we dont know how long it will go for!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been speaking with Todd and we are going to go with 8 ...

I want to do a photo tour and I want to be sure that I get pictures at the Neon Graveyard and Fremont Street... Both are super important to me. Along with a private dinner and cake and cocktails in the room and the ceremony which is off the strip..

So if you are debating between 4 and 6....I would roll up to 6  just to play it safe ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    More the merrier; I'd go 6 or 8 so you don't even have to think about oh no, is my picture time about to run out if things end up being delayed at all.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have booked him for 4 hours which I am hoping is enough.

4:30pm - Getting Ready Photos
    5:30pm - Limo / Party Bus arrives to transport our guests to COF

He will be waiting around for an hour, as he isn't allowed on the grounds of the chapel, and we have got a photo session with the chapel photographer included in our package.

6:30pm - 2 hour Strip tour
    8:30pm - Our reception starts at Rumjungle - I am hoping he will be able to grab a few pics of the cake, etc before he goes. 
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked him for 4 hours. Our ceremony is at 4, reception is 6:30 and he's scheduled to start at 4:30.  Our reception is at the Eiffel Tower, so it's not the traditional dancing and DJ and all that, so I figured 2 hours would be MORE than enough.
  • Options
    RachNRichRachNRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had him for 8 hours---he stayed much longer than that though, so it was more like 9/10. I wouldn't have done it any other way. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to see this thread.  Is Todd from  Bentley Wilson? 
    I contacted them to see if they have my date available.  The pricing seemed awesome.

We were thinking of 6 hours of coverage.  I hope that's enough.

Does anyone know if they will break up the booking?

Like we do our phototour when we go in October for the scouting trip, and then the rest of the hours on wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know he has a strip tour package which is like 2 hours, and a 4 hour package for the wedding day. So you can break it up like that.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, I'm thinking the 6 hrs. will be the best fit for us!  It's kind of nice to get certain things done early so we get what specific vendors/times etc. we want.  I just hope I don't run out of things to do too early:)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://lasvegas.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_4-hrs-6-hrs-wtodd-did?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:8e473ef4-ba8e-4b64-a437-a36b3df1a04fPost:5c3678e1-c495-4a3b-9382-4d63dc1dad35">Re: 4 hrs. or 6 hrs. w/Todd, which did you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies, I'm thinking the 6 hrs. will be the best fit for us!  It's kind of nice to get certain things done early so we get what specific vendors/times etc. we want.  I just hope I don't run out of things to do too early:)
    Posted by Sara191431[/QUOTE]
    I've been thinking the same thing - I got all of the big "checks" out of the way more than a year out, lately I've been in a bit of a wedding planning funk - but I know it will be all of the little details that will keep me busy from now on...

Oh, and we've booked Todd for the full 8 hour package - I have no idea if we'll actually need that much time but for the price, I figured it was worth it!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards