Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

So excited...Bentley & Wilson

Our wedding pics arrived yesterday, after waiting 4 and a half weeks for them, I'm brought back to complete excitement again.

For other B&W brides, we booked 3 hours and for that we received 80 printed pics & a disc with approx 620 pics on there.  

Now the downsides:
You get every photo snapped, so we are literally going to be going through each pic to determine which ones we like....  there's 6/7 versions of each pose so we are checking which (if any) have everyone's eyes open, everyone looking the right direction, don't have double chins showing etc.....   This is going to take FOREVER!!  It's a good downside cos it means I know I'm getting the exact images I want - but I guess that might be a drawback for some people too.

I am not an expert at photo editing but had planned to try to perfect some but it seems they are locked onto Read Only.  I'm currently uploading them to a photosite so I'll see if it lets me make any changes there - if not then I'll be gutted.  I never thought to check (changes would be to make black and white or to crop some - no airbrushing lol).

Anyway, no pics to show yet but just thought I'd let u guys know my initial reaction.  Despite my two big negative paragraphs, they are fab and I'm so happy to have them - and still so excited about them.......

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Daisypath Anniversary tickers Click Here for our Planning Webpage

Re: So excited...Bentley & Wilson

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so weird they're read only.  Have you copied them on to your hard drive and tried opening and editing that version - rather than from the CD? Or if that's not the problem what file type are they? (i dabble in photography so i might be able to help)
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! We will have him for about 3 hours as well, once the ceremony time is taken away. I personally would prefer to get all the photos and go through and select the best ones myself, but I am a control freak! I have no idea about photo editing, but I have heard of at least one bride doing this with his pics, so it must be possible....
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Technically it is copyright infringement if you edit the photos in any way, unless B&W gave you a copyright release.  We used B&W and I received a print release but not a copyright release.  As much as some may not agree, the law states that the copyrights to those photographs belongs to the photographer.  If you ask, maybe he will edit a couple for you that you want cropped or black and white...doesn't hurt to ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We recently got our pics back after waiting about 4 weeks too.  Hated the wait, but it's really is a wonderful feeling to re-live the moment again once you get them...  :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, I want to see!  I'm still waiting to get mine back.  I hope you have some uploaded for us soon!
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Not sure what to make of the read-only business, but I'm sure you'll love your pictures!  Todd is fantastic with a capital "F"!  Post, post, post when you have 'em uploaded! Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards