Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Reviews 9.10.11

I am so glad I decided to have our wedding in Vegas. We are from Houston, Texas and was a little hesitant in doing a destination weddingl If I had to do anything over again I would have videoed our reception and ate more cake!!

Glam Squad- My wedding day was all the more special due to me feeling like a million bucks and that is totally because of the Glam Squad. My appointment was at 9am and they showed up ready to work. They were very responsive in listening to what I wanted my overall look to be and I was pleased with the outcome. I’m so glad I selected them!!!

Bentley and Wilson Photography- A+++++ What else can I say about Todd that no one else has said?! He was absolutely awesome - on time, super nice, and began shooting as soon as he met us at Grand Lux Café. I can't wait to get our pictures back because I know they're going to be awesome.

Freed’s Bakery- A++++ Our wedding cake was everything that I hoped for. It looked exactly like it did in the picture and the choices I selected were phenomenal. We had a 3 tier cake chocolate with, white and red velvet with cream cheese icing. The cake was delivered on time as promised and everyone loved it.

Grand Lux Café- A++++ What can I say about Rich the event manager?!?! He was very responsive with all of my questions and concerns. He was away from the office and I sent emails and he still responded. I was very impressed with Grand Lux Café. This is one of my favorite places to eat in Houston and was ecstatic when I found that there was a location in Vegas.

The Chapel of the Flowers- A+++++ I absolutely love this chapel and have to thank everyone here for making our wedding day a great success. My wedding coordinator Lakisha rocked!! I planned the entire wedding online, via phone and email and she answered all of my questions (I had a million) LOL and I never felt like I was a bother to her at all. We are from Houston, Texas and it just allowed me to trust that the decisions I made were the right ones. When I had concerns about flowers, pew markers, etc she was my sounding board. Thanks Lakisha for being patient and making my day a true success. Without her I’m not sure that I would have been able to pull it off.

DJ Godzilla- A++++++ I totally made the right decision booking Calvin. He was very responsive in getting back with me and I am so glad he did. He was resonabily priced and I was able to mail my deposit to him with no problem. Everyone enjoyed the music and he totally made my reception a hit!!! All our guest asked who he was and where did I find him. LOL I am floored at his ability to get folks out of their seats.     

Our day was awesome!! If I wouldn't change a thing about our day!

Re: Reviews 9.10.11

• Options
    yogiebhillyogiebhill member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats on your marriage. I have seen DJ Godzilla mentioned on here several times. What kind of music is he known for (R&B, top 40, rap, old school) ?  How did you contact him?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! Sounds like everything was awesome!
  • Options
    starree444starree444 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you book your make up thru chapel of the flowers? I'm getting married there Kso and I don't know if I'm goin to book make up thru there. Sounds like you had a really great time!
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_reviews-91011-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:910366a5-dc25-4c39-befa-ce468c9ed6c0Post:0cee0e87-667c-4ce0-8850-c8ddc37cf0b8">Re: Reviews 9.10.11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you book your make up thru chapel of the flowers? I'm getting married there Kso and I don't know if I'm goin to book make up thru there. Sounds like you had a really great time!
    Posted by rtzrill[/QUOTE]

I believe COF now uses Glamsquad as their makeup vendor. I was married at COF last year and booked directly thru GS but then COF told me they use GS also.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yogiebhill- He actually specializes in everything. You can contact him through his FB page DJ Godzilla or by phone (702) 994-2046. He's really cool and responds quickly.
    Natrasha-Thanks
    rtzrill-No I found them based on reviews on several sights. They were awesome and on time!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    burntofferings-I had my reception at Grand Lux in a private room. We had a DJ(Godzilla). It was the best time of my life!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards