Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Just a BLAH day...

I have a lot of stuff going on personally with the ex-wife and FMIL.  While I usually am the type just to let things go and move on... this time I am wrapped up in it and it is draining me:(.  We (FI and I) are addressing things as they need to be addressed however it just isnt' a simple fix and is really wearing on me!

On a good note... only 115 days to go!  Yay!  I get more excited about all of this stuff the closer we get.  Hopefully issues will be resolved and it will be the perfect day/event! :)

Re: Just a BLAH day...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe his ex wife is coming along with your FMIL to Vegas. What a wicked Debbie Downer.  Hope you work things out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm really sorry to hear this, it would be draining me as well. I know how it feels, everything ex-related is simply a freaking nightmare! I'm sure it will all go smooth so hang in there! Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Go to court, get a restraining order on her, ask the judge for parenting time that weekend away from the mother with the child.

I have a sister in law who is always battling her ex husband. Hes a jerk. It got so bad she moved out of state with her new husband. THe courts would not let her take her children, but the life she and the children were living were unsatisfactory and were impacting the children drastically. She and the children are much happier now even though he is still a jerk it does not work so well to his advantage anymore. She has to petition the courts for the children to go to weddings and family functions as he does not allow this, however, with her having JOINT LEGAL CUSTODY he ends up loosing.  It is messy with kids, and worse when one or both do not want to get along or use the kids against each other.

I feel bad for my nephew, he has stated he wants to live with his mom and that his father is emotionally abusive to him. The courts do not see a 9 year old competent of making that decision. My neice however is 13 and gets whatever she wants from dad therefore her preferance is dad. Sad.

The worst is to kill them with kidness. They dont know what hits them. :)

• Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@ Silverlegacyga... I can't say I kill her with kindness however we do a lot of things not to flaunt our relationship infront of her.  We had to make a road trip with her and my future stepdaughter one day and were in the car with her for about 6 hours and FI and I did not hold hands, kiss, hug, talk about our wedding nor did we even really talk about our private life (all things we usually do) because she was in the car and didn't want her to feel awkward... well that and she is known to have a big mouth, so whatever we would have said probably would have ended up in the papers.  We do not talk badly about her infront of FI's daughter... we keep everything as private as possible. I am always cordial toward her... never snub her and always include her when I can.  Needless to say, she is well known for being a drama queen and unfortunately she is making this into part of her show too:(. 

We will get through it... no doubt about it.  We have shared custody of FI's daughter... so she actually has no stance on anything when it comes to our wedding because it is our weekend and everything we are doing wedding related is on our weekends/weeks with her.  Again... we don't want to inconvenience her by doing things on her time... GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    BCS- sorry you are facing this. I  personally would just smack her, but thats me. Enjoy your wedding dont think about her. You will have a wondeful time- she jealous is all ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards