Nevada-Las Vegas

Just shipped the dress...

and it literally made my stomach hurt to hand it over to Fed Ex!

I know lots of ladies have used Debi at Fit For A Bride and she has been great so far...but I am still SUPER nervous! Just want it to get there safely!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
53 image Are all in!
68 image Are celebrating from afar
0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1

Re: Just shipped the dress...

• starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    How much did it cost you to ship? I plan to carry mine along just for that security but go back and forth about it.
  • Safe travels, dress! I stalked the FedEx tracking page for a solid 72 hours when I shipped mine so I know the feeling, but don't worry, it will get there!
  • I sent mine UPS ground from Seattle to Vegas. Sent it Thursday, it got there Tuesday.  $16 for 10 lbs (my dress, his suit and 1 BM dress)

UPS tracker app for 'droid: Priceless. :)
  • Mine was the dress only and weighed 5.6 pounds...it would have been $11, but I insured it for $2,000 which brought it up to $24...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

53 image Are all in!

RSVP Date 2/1
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_just-shipped-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:920529a5-7695-4e68-b8c4-a2a964e8dc35Post:d3db7932-1c68-433d-a7e6-6b27ffa8e8a4">Re: Just shipped the dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine was the dress only and weighed 5.6 pounds...it would have been $11, but I insured it for $2,000 which brought it up to $24...
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

Thats not too bad!  Are you going to have her deliver it to you or pick it up when you get there?
    Wishing your dress safe travels!
  • I think I am going to pick it up from her...

I once read this review about a knottie coming down from her hotel and seeing the delivery guy dropping off her dress. It was crammed in the trunk of a really old, dingy car. It was in a garment bag...but still, I would feel better picking it up and knowing it's travel to my hotel was "first class" lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

53 image Are all in!

RSVP Date 2/1
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_just-shipped-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:920529a5-7695-4e68-b8c4-a2a964e8dc35Post:2cdefdf3-8e26-4e46-9a4f-69e17f465e3d">Re: Just shipped the dress...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I am going to pick it up from her... I once read this review about a knottie coming down from her hotel and seeing the delivery guy dropping off her dress. It was crammed in the trunk of a really old, dingy car. It was in a garment bag...but still, I would feel better picking it up and knowing it's travel to my hotel was "first class" lol
    Posted by lisa&sean[/QUOTE]

I'm having this dilemma, too!  I want my dress to be safe and sound... but I wonder how much time/energy I'd spend going back and forth. I'd much rather be by the pool! :)
  • Just did the reservation for steaming.  Going to ship it.  It's months away and I'm already nervous.  lol
  • I've been contemplating this issue too.  Like you, my stomach would be in knots waiting for it arrive safely.  We are flying Southwest and they don't guarantee a spot to hang your dress, they suggested putting it in the overhead.  So I'm debating on using Debi or the hotel concerige desk said that they have a service (close in price to Debi) that I could use...drop off the gown by 9:30 am and have it back by 4:30 pm.  Ugh, so many decisions.

Have faith Lisa - your dress will be just fine.

http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
  • If you pay Debi to deliver it, you won't have to worry about it.  In our case she delivered things herself and had an assistant with her, they brought everything in on one of those rolling hanger carts like you'd see back stage of a fashion show or something along those lines; we just grabbed things one at a time and brought them into the room to the closet.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards