Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Photographer Suggestions?

I wanted to see if I can get everyones suggestions on photographers. We have booked The Platinum, so we are able to use whoever we choose. This is the one thing I don't want to skimp on. So please tell me who you would suggest and why. Thanks!!

Re: Photographer Suggestions?

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographer-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:95a27436-4091-4087-884e-f78bee15d977Post:c9ada96c-08ec-4b4f-bcb3-1ad2823ebb0d">Re: Photographer Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look here: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographers-rate-here" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographers-rate-here</a>
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks!! I was looking over vendor reviews and a lot of people used Bently & Wilson. I just wanted to see if everyone liked the pictures once they got them. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Digs Studio Photography! They did the pictures for my uncle's wedding and were beyond professional and talented. Could not recommend them enough! 
  • Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steve Fogarty, b/c we like his photojournalism style.  He seems good at capturing the emotions and feelings.  Google him.  We actually had our consult with him at Platnum, even though we aren't using it as a venue. 

Like OP, photography is one of our budget priorities.  I figure that photos and rings are the only things that will last, unless we go with silk flowers.  :)
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographer-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:95a27436-4091-4087-884e-f78bee15d977Post:2bf7d1a2-8479-4369-8857-bc1ae3d44c3d">Re: Photographer Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steve Fogarty, b/c we like his photojournalism style.  He seems good at capturing the emotions and feelings.  Google him.  We actually had our consult with him at Platnum, even though we aren't using it as a venue.  Like OP, photography is one of our budget priorities.  I figure that photos and rings are the only things that will last, unless we go with silk flowers.  :)
    Posted by MeatAuditor[/QUOTE]

<div>I looked at his site. You were right about how the photos capture the moments. I like the Crazy Corner too. Thats a really cute idea. Thanks for the recommendation!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Tyler Freear
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm at Platinum as well, and photography was my number one priority! We are using Ron Miller. I feel like he's a great mix of fashion-y and photojournalistic. I like photography as art, and he really speaks to that side of me. He's not cheap- I think his packages start at $2500. We booked for around $3K and have a package that includes 2 photographers.
  • Options
    canadakid67canadakid67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographer-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:95a27436-4091-4087-884e-f78bee15d977Post:7288ec4f-6844-48a7-bca0-a65d30980a2a">Re: Photographer Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]      I am using Tyler Freear
    Posted by shaq123[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
    We really like him and his work!
    I'm The Groom!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using Mike L. I am sooo excited, they are AMAZING and I love their blog and facebook pages.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Bently & Wilson.  I have not heard a single bad review of him on this board from the brides that have used him and I've loved all of the pictures I've seen posted. 
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Mike L and loved them and their work!! Pics came out great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_photographer-suggestions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:95a27436-4091-4087-884e-f78bee15d977Post:50b2047b-ace8-4c4d-97ef-c3d907b9b5ad">Re: Photographer Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used Mike L and loved them and their work!! Pics came out great.
    Posted by wenawinter[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you do any shoots around Vegas?</div>
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Todd (Bently & Wilson) and loved the pics he took. We have received so many compliments.
  • Options
    bern0927bern0927 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are too! He is so sweet and his pictures are amazing!!!
    tylerfreear.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are booked with Studio ATG. They have a very non-traditional style with lots of lighting. I usually don't like the way I look in pictures but when we got back our engagement pics I think we looked like models. They do a lot of photo journalism for wedding as well. www.studioatg.com. Trish and Jarod are an awesome husband and wife couple that are both pro photographers. It was a huge plus to have a woman with the bride and a guy with the groom as we are getting ready.
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If we had an unlimited budget for photography, I'd want Dott Photography, www.dottphotography.com. Olga did my B-shoot which was amazing. We'll be using her for a TTD type shoot at the Boneyard.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    DIGGS STUDIO!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 143 Invitees image 129 Cannot Wait image 14 Cannot Appear image 0 Waiting for Reply image RSVP: October 1st, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards