Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Displaying a Poster Guestbook?

I need help, Knotties! I have racked my brain on this one and I am drawing a blank. We have jumped onto the poster guestbook bandwagon, and I have no idea how I am going to organise displaying it at the reception (in a restaurant - Rumjungle). Ideally I would like it mounted on a nice thick piece of cardboard, on an easel or something. But I am bringing it in a tube in my suitcase from the UK and doubt very much I will feel like stationery shopping when we land in Vegas.... I dont think this is something Rumjungle would be able to resolve or cater for... what did everyone else do? I dont want it lying down flat and neither do I want it blu-tacked to the wall....
www.mywedding.com/benandpetra

Re: Displaying a Poster Guestbook?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception coordinator folded tape and put it on the back of ours and then laid it on a table at the reception for everyone to sign. It worked out great and the tape just peeled right off the back.
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just looking at your photos - we have the same poster as you! I guess having it lie down would be easiest.... but I wanted to properly display it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think I actually got the idea from you (ok, I stole it lol). I just fell in love with it when I saw yours. I had wanted to do something other than laying it down too but when it came down to it I didn't really care how it happened lol. Now I just can't wait to get it framed and hang it up!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we both stole it from someone else, I think it was a Scottish Knottie if I remember correctly! Embarassed 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that....

I wonder if our florist would have any ideas...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you just buy the poster when you get to Vegas and mount it on something?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the poster idea!  Where to buy where to buy?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with lay it out on a table. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my poster at allposters.com. Here is the link to the one Gribbles and I have: http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Welcome-to-Vegas-Posters_i4470677_.htm
     They have LOTS of choices though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have that same poster! bought it months ago for our guestbook. Nice taste!
    we are mounting with to cardboard and displaying it at in our suite at the reception for poeple to sign with black sharpies. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laying it down may be easier for ppl to sign. I think either way it will look nice :)
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is an awesome idea!! I may have to steal it, as the guestbook option I wanted is way to expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm using the same idea for the guestbook.  Thanks for the idea ladies, can't remember which bio I saw it on, but I LOVED the idea.  I would probably either put it on a table or get some cardboard.  I think the table would be easier to sign and for me to roll it back up and put it in the suitcase when we leave.  Can't wait to frame it, although my wedding isn't until 2011.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards