Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

I want pizza at my reception! am i crazy?

will it look bad? like i love pizza and i just want my reception food to be food that i actually like to eat which is basically junk food. I love hot wings, pizza, loaded potato skins, etc...  we're having an in-suite reception so i didn't think it would be bad. What do u guys think?

Re: I want pizza at my reception! am i crazy?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is your wedding and you should be able to do whatever you want! I would love to have food like that at my reception but I would have to wrap myself in a tarp.

There is nothing wrong with wanting pizza. I am sure it is probably pretty cheap!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your wedding and reception should reflect the pair of you and you should have what the hell you like!
    Its your wedding and its about you so eat what suits you.
    Whos gonna turn their nose up at pizza anyhow?! Everyone loves pizza!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pizza is my favorite too. I think you should do it. Especially because its an insuite and you can!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i agree...have fun with it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Totally do it!  Hey it's Vegas anything goes.  On a funny note my fiancée eats like a 12 year old.  Which means his ideal diet consists of macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes & gravy, ramen noodles, pizza and an assortment of other junk food.  Did I mention he is one of those people everyone hates that can't gain weight.  Anyway we were planning the menu for the at home celebration.  He said "why can't we just pick food that everyone really wants to eat other then the standard wedding food?".  He does bring a good point.  We are doing Maggiano's in Vegas so they really do have good food everyone wants to eat.  Back in the Mid-West in the town we live in for good food you have to drop a lot of money for people on an average budget you have your standard, traditional wedding food to choose from if you are feeding a large crowd.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do it! This is your day! You can do whatever you want. Plus I've seen weddings where food like this are served, and they can still be set up and served in a fancy way! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

thanx guys! i feel much better now!

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as you're providing sufficient food for the time of day and it fits with the overall formality of the event, the type of food can be whatever your little heart desires.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are doing an in suite I've heard that Masterpiece has really great pizza puffs! Sounds yummy! I love nachos, I would have loved to have some at my reception LOL.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It always great to celebrate your union with the things you love most. You can't go wrong with pizza, but what I would do would be to find a way to make it special, or unique to your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards