Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Oct 2011 - When to book?

Not officially engaged yet, but thanks mostly to you girls, my boyfriend and I have pretty much decided on the venues we want for our Vegas wedding.  We would like to get married in October 2011 and I am starting to panic that the venues we want might not be available.  We are looking at a Thursday, which I think helps a little bit, but still.  We talked and decided that we don't mind booking before we are officially engaged (already ring shopped, etc but BF wants to keep the proposal a surprise) if it means we get the venues we want for the wedding. 

Just wondering what your thoughts were on how late we can book?  I was just about to send inquiries to our venues but I thought you girls  might have some good advice.  Any October 2010 brides getting married on a Thursday?  How early did you book/where your venues busy?  Any other 2011 brides - when are you guys booking?  Anyone else, thoughts? 

Thanks so much :) 

Re: Oct 2011 - When to book?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not an October 2011 bride, but if it's not a famous date, you could probably wait a few months.  Although, depending on the popularity of the venue you want, you might think about booking sooner.  Once you decide on a place that you want, I say go ahead and book it then!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Ebony - If you guys already know what venues you're looking at, I'd say go ahead and at least start contacting them to find out if your date is available.  I'm a May 2011 bride, I had our venue & photographer booked in April.  Another plus on booking now is that if the prices go up in 2011, you'll already be locked in to 2010 pricing.  Good luck!
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can probably wait a bit on the venue since it's a Thursday in October, but you should book the photographer asap, the ones that are popular on here can end up booked a year or more in advance.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking to get married around that time and I've already run into some dates not being available at some venues. Now, those were Saturdays and Sundays, so you might be okay with it being Thursday. Either way, I agree with others, if you already know what you want, go ahead and book it. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is not a huge help, but I am getting married early next July.  I was able to book the ceremony in a chapel on the strip this past May and I wasn't able to book a suite at Planet Hollywood until this past week, when their July 2011 rate opened up.
    And having it on a Thursday I think will be a HUGE advantage for you.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys.  This is all kind of what I was thinking...I might as well get on it!  A little backwards traditional-wise, but who cares!!

And Vegasgroom - photographers was my other concern too!!  We don't really have a specific date we want, so I was going to let the venues availability dictate that, but I should probably get my photographer inquiries in as well...
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married Oct. 21, 2011, a Friday.  We've booked the Photographer because he can book out 14 mths in advance and we've booked our ceremony site.   We got the time we wanted, sunset, by booking this early too. I would book our reception site now too if I could, Vista Suite, but it's too early to do so.  From what I've read things like Florists, cake vendors etc. can be booked out later.  Another good thing about booking early is you get the current prices even if they go up later!  I'd rather get the stuff taken care of here and there even if it's a little early.  If you do a Thurs. though, good call as most things will be cheaper then.

Good luck and I'll be around til then:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are getting married in Sept 2011 and we have booked venue, photographer and make-up because these were important to me for getting who I wanted. We are having our reception dinner at Studio B so we can't book that but if we were have a resturant or bar I would definately have that booked by now as well.

• Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on 9/10/11 so we have already booked our ceremony, reception dinner and photog.  We really wanted that date so we made sure to book out super far in advance but that did give us our pick of times for the ceremony so we couldn't be happier.  Happy Planning!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in June and booked the Wynn 10 days ago. I don't think you should worry unless you pick a holiday but I do also think it would be wise not to wait more than 8 months out, as far as the venue is concerned. Check out the Wynn's packages 'cause they include a bunch of things :-)
    HAPPY PLANNING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards