Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Soo Confused!

Okay here goes: FI and I are having a wedding in August 2010. Weve already booked ceremony (Caesars Juno Garden), reception (Joe's) and photography. Im soo not sure what to do with the reception now. Originally we were thinking around 40 to 50 people would be coming of those invited, but Im worried that only half will actually attend. Im having a tough time justifying twice as much per person if only 25 people show. The costs per head I am figuring is based on minimums for the Gigi Room. Now half the people dont drink that will be attending so I planned to just leave alcohol out and up to the guests using cash who do want to drink. So Im thinking what should I do?? Should I book somewhere else smaller as backup? HELP! Sorry for the lengthyness but Im just so unsure at this point! Thanks ladies for any advice!

Re: Soo Confused!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is Joe's willing to work with you if your group ends up that much smaller? and if you can since your group is smaller add in wine, beer and a sig cocktail? But also IMO you might want to look at a few other places so that you can add the drinks in and still stay in budget. We are prob just going to have some imported beer, wine and some simple mixed  drinks so that we still have a "bar" but not go overboard.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    sharper086sharper086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking that it might be ok to add alcohol in the mix to meet the minimum. I havent really even thought about asking Joe's if that was a possibility. THanks for the advice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Any drinks, alcohol and non, are put toward the minimum. You can also have a champagne toast and wine served during dinner.  We had the same concerns with approx. 32 guests ( 2 non alco drinkers) and not meeting the minimum so we chose 2 wines and champagne to help out. We just met the minimum and with tax and gratuity went to $6000.  Another thing to consider is having a few of the more expensive dishes on the menu since the cost is based upon what each person orders and not the most costly meal as a total.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same concern with my reception (different location). We're having fewer people and have to meet a minimum. I look at it this way. Fewer people means better food. We're having crab cakes now and a three hour open bar. My people are big drinkers. And we're getting two desserts. I think it might turn for a better party sense we don't have to skimp anymore.
  • Options
    sharper086sharper086 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! Everyone has been so helpful and reassuring. Im sure all will work out in the end. Im just STRESSIN because its about 6 months or so away, no one has confirmed to come except for immediate fam and close friends of course! Does it seem too far away to be stressing out already??? Between this and work...I need a massage!! Thanks again sooooooo much!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Relax. just enjoy the planning. A lot can happen in 6 months. I'm thinking of getting massage myself. Being a bride can be stressful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards