Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Sweetheart table

For those not doing an in suite, are you having a sweetheart table? I would like one, but FI thinks we should sit at a table with parents and guests. On the fence about this. What do you think? What are you doing?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sweetheart table

• Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm completely on the fence about this too.  I actually haven't talked to FI about it yet so I'm not sure what his thoughts are.  I like the idea of a sweetheart table too.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    I wasn't really sure what a sweetheart table was till we were asked if we wanted one. Once our the reception manager explained, we felt it was best to sit in a regular table with our guests. We didn't want to do assigned seating, so we just told them which table we wanted to sit and who ever wanted to sit with us did.

To be honest, the only time we were at the table was when we were eating, and that was it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're definitely doing a sweetheart table.  We didn't want to have a head table and make our attendants sit away from their families during dinner (4 of our attendants are married with children who will be at the reception).  We're not doing assigned seating, either, but our venue suggested we let them know how many family members there will be (our parents, siblings, etc) and same with attendants and families so they can reserve some tables for them since of course they'll be among the last to get to the reception venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sweatheart table.  Our venue has 5 booths in the main dining room and we will be in the center booth.  We're using the other booths for our family and then putting our wedding party at several tables near us seated with their dates. 
  • Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI doesn't want a sweetheart and I kind of agree.  We are not doing assigned seating either, we haven't yet decided on who we will sit with.  
  • Options
    flyjawnflyjawn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what's a sweetheart table?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hate a head table. I think if I would have had a sit down dinner, I would have sat at a regular table w/ my attendents and their SOs
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sweetheart table, but we are not putting it in the front of the reception hall but off to the side.  We did not want to be the center of attention but wanted a moment that the two of us could be together and talk, but also give our family and friends a way to talk to us without having to fight off the other guests at the table vying for our attention. LOL!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our room in Maggiano's isn't huge, so we probably won't have one. We'll sit with our moms and BP.   :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing one; we figured it's the only time we're going to have to talk for most of that day and it will also ensure we actually eat.  We're doing assigned tables and a formal dinner.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not, I have no desire to do that, I don't love being on display and having a table like that is not my thing.  We will sit with some of the bridal party. We will be doing assigned tables.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We didn't do assigned seating and it all worked out great, we sat with a couple of members of the wedding party and their SOs,  my aunt/uncle and their daughters sat together, the ILs took another table with some friends and then my parents were at the fourth with friends. I think that because our families were at each table, everyone got to feel pretty included, it worked out great but we only had 30 people there.
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

our reception will be in one of the ballrooms in the hotel...with a small guest list of 50 people , FI and I decided to have head table instead of a sweetheart table.

• Options
    edited December 2011

to answer the above, a sweetheart table is a table for 2 - just for the bride and groom
    i agree with AngieD, we decided to have one instead of a head table because we werent sure how big our wedding party would actually be, but mainly because we didn't want our bridal party to sit away from their significant others.

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    my FI and I are planning on doing one. And it will be a heart shaped one too! It might sound  cheesy, but it looks really good when I saw it at the venue. And like the other ladies have said, it will probably the only time my new hubby and I have some alone time throughout the reception. As for the seating, we are planning on doing assigned seats. It just seems more organized that way, and so that our families will sit all at the same area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards