Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Maggiano's tasting?

We have recently booked our reception for Sept 2011 in Maggiano's - but have never eaten there! We booked on instinct and lots of research and also because it's location is perfect.

We're off to Vegas in Dec and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to try out some samples of food from our menu for the wedding? have you heard of this being done before? and if so how do you arrange it?

We will definitely go and eat there when over in Dec, and thought it would just be good to sample a little of the options we have narrowed down for our reception.

Any info would be appreciated!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Maggiano's tasting?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Maggiano's based on other brides reviews here.  I have never eaten there either.  To get an idea of what were some of there best entree's I went to yelp and tripadvisor.  Both had great reviews and pictures of the food.  And of course if you go through other knotties bio's that had there reception at Maggiano's a lot of them review the food they had also.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I have heard of them doing tastings before. You should let them know when you're going to be there and they should be able to set that up for you.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I went there a few weeks ago to book our reception, Cassie told me that you have to set it up in advance (which of course we didnt!!) and it will be $5 per person. I believe she said that you will get to choose 6 items to taste. We have eaten there before so we werent too worried, but she also said that if we choose to have a tasting that she can set one up with our closest one :) She really is great!! But I think we might make an excuse to go to Vegas to get a tasting!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input!

I've only just emailed over our contracts to Marc and Cassy.

I will contact them to find our about a tasting, totally understand about the cost. Willing to pay if it means we can get a sneak peek of the food we'll have on the day.

Hopefully we'll be able to get one sorted for when we're over in Dec. Coming from the UK so unfortunately it's not possible to set it up in a restaurant near us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We did a tasting and it was amazing! We had 7 people there because my family and his came too. $5 per person! So amazing! They even gave us a huge sampler of almost all of the deserts. highly recommend it!

• Options
    MizLynnMizLynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! I'm in exactly the same boat as you! Coming from the UK in December for new Year's, booked with Wynn (except it's August for me) without having actually eaten there.

Soooo glad you posted this question, as I was wondering the same thing myself. Thanks all for posting and responding too! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha MizLynn! great minds think alike!

I've just e-mailed Maggiano's this second. Hopefully find out if it's possible to fit in a tasting when we're there in Dec.Can't believe it's only $5...

I second the thank you for the responses!
     I honestly couldn't imagine planning a Vegas wedding without the help of this site and all the people on it...i would be a very stressed Bridezilla right now and that's with 10 months still to go!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards