Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

How Many Copies of Marriage Certificate to order?

Hey married folks, how many copies did you order of your marriage certificate?

Re: How Many Copies of Marriage Certificate to order?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got one.  My wife needed it for the SS office and the bank to change her ATM card.  Now it's sitting in the safe.  They're very quick on those so even if you need another one later couple days and you're done.  We ordered on a Friday and had it Tuesday.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up ordering two, just in case.  And since I'll have to mail mine out to get my passport changed, I'm glad that we'll have the extra if I need it for anything else.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered 2 as well. H needed 1 for the military and I also need 1 for name change and other stuff. But we ended up getting re-ordering, because the first time around we had it sent to H's ship and it was gone at the time(thanks to the quake in Japan), so we couldn't get to it. Long story short, we now have 4 copies! And I have yet to change my name still but I am working on it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered two just to be safe, but so far no one has requested to keep one. They just look at it and give it back.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered two copies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered 3.  My job wants one and I think I will need one for the passport change.  The third I will use to change credit cards, etc. and then into the safe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I should get on this...I've been enjoying the non wedding planning lifestyle! Also slacking in the TY department...all written out I just need to get the pictures printed to add to them before mailing out. Maybe this weekend...

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I only ordered one but will probably order one or two more now.

Still don't know how my new name will be. Yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on ordering 3 just to be safe and it will be a pain in the ass to order a replacement. I will keep one at home, one at the folks and one to send to places that need proof.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We ordered 2 thinking at the very least, Social Security would keep one - but no one has requested to keep one...although, reading above - if I need to submit an official for my passport, glad I have 2!!
    "You cannot reason with unreasonable people".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm intrigued? what organisations would want to keep it?  In Australia, all i've had to do is flash it and they take a copy or provide a certified copy (for work, and a colleague could certify it).....Just seems strange to need more than one and if you lose it, it's on the public record and just as easy the as the first time to get a new one 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards