Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Hair Extensions?

Has anyone ever thought of getting extensions for your wedding?  I don't know anything about them but I wish my hair was a little longer.  Is there something that you can put on just for the night?

Re: Hair Extensions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    clip on extensions are available in a million colors...regular extensions are very expensive and require A TON of maintenance...
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sally's sells clip on extentions and is fairly easy to put on. You just have to make sure you choose the right color. Also, make sure you buy the human hair ones b/c you can style those.
  • Options
    ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what jccswl said.  That is also what James with Glamsquad told me to get.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a beauty supply store that you can buy hair dye, product, make-up etc... at. 
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_hair-extensions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9c66fc33-e614-4c44-a4e9-e9cce2913b50Post:fd07ef49-b94b-4cae-83ed-aafbaef3d80e">Re: Hair Extensions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]What is Sally's?
    Posted by Marilynfan[/QUOTE]

It's a beauty supply chain store in the US.

<a href="http://www.sallybeauty.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sallybeauty.com/</a>

If you don't have one in your area, search for a beauty supply retail store in your area.
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    edited December 2011
    lol ellenalabama, we should work as a tag team!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting them from my regular hairdresser before I leave for Las Vegas. This way I am sure they will 1. Match my hair colour 2.Be of good quality and 3. that I will have them and not be running around vegas! I have bought supposedly realy hair extensions before only to have them not be stylable (is that a word? haha) . I have extremely thin hari and not much of it so I need all the extra help for some body and curl! The ones I am getting come in various widths as well so you can get longer widths or shorter widths that just clip in.

Not sure who makes them though but a trusted hairdresser would be a good place to start!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks j_jaye!  I also have thin hair so this sounds really appealing.  I am going to ask my hairdresser about it.  Agreed I would get them here and bring them to Vegas.
  • Options
    Venetian10Venetian10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear hair extensions everyday. I go to my hair dresser every 6 months and she sews the hair in. It cost 135.00 every time i go there. It looks like my own hair because I buy human indian hair for 120.00 for 1 package. You can wash it as you do your own hair. You treated it the same way. I wash, blow dry , flat iron and curl, if I want curls, otherwise I can wear it straight. It's amazing. Love it and wouldn't be caught without it.LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are only going to wear it for a few nights, I have tried the Jessica Simpson and Ken Paves Hairdo extensions.  They are synthetic though but they don't look fake if you have thicker hair and have the right color match.  You can buy them at Ulta or online.  The problem with synthetic hair is if you wear them over and over again they tend to frizz and snarl.  But they tend to be cheaper then human hair, and hold the style.  I have the straight one, and the long wavy.  The straight ones look more real.  
  • Options
    cinegradcinegrad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venetian - every 6 months?!  I have to go like every 6-7 WEEKS.  I need to be going to your lady!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If anyone still cares.  I bought the Sally Beauty hair extensions the Euronext brand and by far those are the best hair extensions based on quality of hair and ease of use.  Its a 10 piece set.  Since I have thick hair I am going to buy another package because the actual pieces are thin hair but its still worth it based on price and quality of hair.  In addition to using two packages of hair I am also using 2 different colors that are a shade of difference to blend and look more natural with my hair.  But you don't have to do that.  Other extensions I have used like I said where Jessica Simpson the synthetic 1 pieces (wavy 23 inch & straight 18 inch?) which where good and undetectabel by friends.  Paris Hilton dream catchers 1 piece synthetic which was complete junk as far as quality and color.  A long time ago before the newer methods I have had human hair sewn in o.k. but hair took a beating after washing and drying didn't look good.  Also I have had human hair glued in, which I would say don't even bother with and was the worst of all hair extension methods.  Hopefully this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards