Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Gift Holders?

Being we are coming from NJ, we are going to be limited to what we bring with us, and I know it's going to be a lot!!

What are some cute/creative ideas LV brides used for their guests to put their cards/gifts for the reception?  I'm not really a fan of the "mail box" style.  Is there something else that we can use?  Do reception places handle this?  We are having it at Maggiano's.

Thanks!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift Holders?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm, this question got me thinking of another one; do people typically bring gifts to a destination wedding or just buy off the registry for delivery or bring cards?  I haven't even thought about what we'd do with actual gifts from the wedding night since we'll be going directly to honeymoon.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The gifts we did receive were sent directly from our registries to our house.  We did receive a few cards at the wedding, they were handed to us personally at the reception and I had our parents hold onto them for us for the night and then took them back to our room before our after party.

You might see if Maggiano's has a little basket they could put out on your guestbook or seating card table for cards.  I would expect if most of your guests are also travelling a great distance to the wedding, they may not bring the gifts with them.
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
     People mostly had their gifts shipped to us, but there were several cards.  I probably could have done something cute or clever, but by the time I realized I needed one, I was past the point of wanting to come up with something.  I bought one off another Knottie and just paid shipping.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For all the cards, II took a photo box and cut a slit in it. There is a pic in my bio. We recieved 2 box gifts at the wedding. We drove, and it really wasn't a big deal. I'd say 90% gave money.
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Like the others, majority of our gifts were shipped to our casa. I purchased a box thingy for cards at Micheal's, it was very last min b/c I panicked, but I really could've done without. A small basket works well, or a designated area next to guest book is fine.
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!! I'm not too worried about it, I will ask Maggiano's if they have a small basket.  The area I'm from most people give money/cards, no gifts off the registry for a wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

CRAP. I haven't even thought of this, we assumed most people wouldn't be bringing anything to the wedding as we specifically asked for no gifts. I suppose with cards we could always get our parents to hold onto them. I assume anyone bringing an actual gift will give it to us prior to the reception given that we'll see them all and have time to stash it in our room. What was past bride's experience with those that didn't ship tangible items to your houses?

2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards