Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

My wedding agenda. Is this ok?

Will you please look at my wedding plans and tell me if they're ok or what I'm needing to add?

Thursday- Bridal party and family arrives.  Thursday night, have bachelor/bachelorette parties

Friday- recuperate from Thursday night. Friday night, have a nice dinner/possible ziplining with bridal party or see a show.  Should FI and I pay for this?

Saturday- Married at 1pm reception at 7pm, go out afterwards

Sunday- Goodbye brunch.

How is it?

Re: My wedding agenda. Is this ok?

• Options
    lsvenssonlsvensson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks good to me.  My schedule looks almost exactly the same except we have a Meet & Greet dinner in a Vista Suite (in lieu of a rehearsal dinner) on Friday night for everyone (just casual, with drinks and pizza).  To your question about paying for the BP for dinner Friday night-- if it's a "rehearsal dinner" generally custom is that the groom's family pays, but if you and FI have the means, I think it would be a really nice gesture and they'd appreciate it.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What are you going to do between the ceremony time and reception time?  That would be my only concern.  I'm not sure if your wedding will be formal, how many, where they're staying, if reception and ceremony are in the same place, if not are you providing transport, etc.  Lots of questions, but really what I'm gettting at is me personally, as a guy, I always dress up for weddings unless I'm 100% positive it's casual, so that means I'm going to be wearing suit and tie.  If the wedding is at 1pm and reception is at 7pm, then I've got to find something to do for probably five and a half hours, but I'm in Vegas in a suit, I don't want to get all sweaty and I don't want to smell like I've been bathing in cigarette smoke, so that means my only option is go back to my room and change out of my suit, find something to do for a few hours, go change back, go to reception.  If the two events are not at the same location, or I'm not staying at the same location, that complicates things further.

The timing could also make meals difficult since I'd probably need to eat by 11am to have time to get back to my room, change into wedding clothes, get to the wedding, and if I ate at 11, I'm not going to be hungry for a while but I am going to definitely get hungry way before the reception 8 hours after I ate, so I'm going to end up eating and won't be hungry at the reception lol.

Just my rambling thoughts.

We had our ceremony at 4pm and food was on the tables at the reception around 7pm so people I assume ate lunch at typical times, had apps around 4:30 after the ceremony and then dinner at 7.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are inviting your BP out, then yes, you should pay.

Also, I am curious about your Saturday schedule.  For us, we did ceremony at 5, cocktial hour with passed appetizers started at 5:30 and dinner was served at 6:30.

In additon, my day started at 6 am on Saturday so if you have a 12:30 pm call time to the ceremony location, what time are you starting?  Are there pre-pics, hair/makeup, etc?  If so, I would most def make Friday an early night.  We had an in-suite RD that started at 6 but I still didn't get into bed until midnight.  I am a big fan of a full 8 hours of sleep before any photography and I kicked myself that I couldn't make that happen.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vegasgroom- that is the type of stuff I didn't think about.  It would be casual, no jeans, but suits wouldn't be necessary.   the ceremony is going to be maybe 30min. and then the dinner would be casual.  What if we did dinner at 6pm, would that be easier for meals?

Smokey, I would start getting ready around 8 or 9, take some get ready shots, some bridal portrait shots, and some shots with my bridesmaids.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-agenda-this-ok?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:9feb15ed-7681-4f76-b694-14fc0480c281Post:fdd6b6ed-e0be-41f5-a255-c59615bd4ba9">Re: My wedding agenda. Is this ok?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vegasgroom- that is the type of stuff I didn't think about.  It would be casual, no jeans, but suits wouldn't be necessary.   the ceremony is going to be maybe 30min. and then the dinner would be casual.  <strong>What if we did dinner at 6pm, would that be easier for meals</strong>? Smokey, I would start getting ready around 8 or 9, take some get ready shots, some bridal portrait shots, and some shots with my bridesmaids.
    Posted by murphanzo[/QUOTE]

People would still need to occupy themselves between your ceremony and reception, whether it takes place at the same location or not.  A 4.5 hour gap is incredibly long.  Why is the gap so long?  So you can take pictures?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, that doesn't sound like enough time.  Honestly.  Are you doing your own hair and makeup or bringing someone in?  Are the BMs also getting hair and m/u?

My hair and makeup started at 11 and I was out the door and ready around 1:45.  We then did pictures from 2-4:15ish. 

How close are you to your venue?  Do you need to take a cab, walk, grab a limo?  Let's work backwards from there.

Assume you need to be at your venue at 12:30. What time do you need to leave?  12?  So if you want an hour for pictures (10:45-11:45) then you have to be ready by 10:45 so give yourself some time.  Do you have a corset?  It took my girls forever to get mine tied.  I recommend always giving yourself 15 mintues to get from room to transportation.  People will stop you and it always takes longer than you think.  You'll be walking more slowly and carrying stuff.  In some hotels the lobby is far from the rooms.

Anyway, you'll want to take your time and not be rushed so I recommend a slightly earlier start.  Also, you'll want to schedule some time to eat.

When do you pick up your flowers?  We had to run around a bit to get to ours.  Someone delivered to the boys, moms and to us but I still had to get on the phone to sort it out.
    Bi-oh-rama

"smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    the only time the venue has left is 1pm.  And we wanted to take photos during the day.

Smokey, me and my 2 bridesmaids will get hair and makeup done.  I'm going to get a room the night before at the hotel so I don't have to travel.

I'm going to have my flowers delivered to the room by the hotel, and FI's will be sent to him.

I wrote down Jason's Deli information, so I'll probably get them to cater in a few trays of food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If 3 of you are getting your hair and m/u done in the suite, you should start about 3.5 hours before your finish time to be safe.  You can have the last girl go 10:15-11:15; you can go 8:45-10:15.  Then from 10:15 you can eat a little, get dressed, get your accessories, etc. The first girl can go 7:45-8:45.  You could go last but then you would probably want to be done by 10:45 so you have a little time to get dressed post hair and m/u.  But that would mean that you would have to get started with the other girls sooner.

For our day, the first girl started at 8.  We also had two stylists. 

I would recommend doing a schedule and making it as tight as possible so you know how everything will work out for you.

I'd also be sure to follow up on the flowers in advance.  Our flowers were dropped at the banquet office with all of the reception and ceremony flowers.  We had to kind of hunt them down.  Not a big deal but if I hadn't built in padding, it could have been stressful.

Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011

How about this:

7am-10:30- Start getting ready
    9-10:30 FI takes his pictures
    10:30-12 I'll take my bridal pictures
    12:30- Line up
    1- Ceremony
    1:30-3 Formal pictures
    3 (or 4)- 6 (or 7) Reception
    7-? Pictures on strip
    After party somewhere

Sunday-
    11-1 Day after brunch

go to sign museum.

VG- would that be better on people's stomachs?

Smokey does that sound more reasonable?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your FI won't need 90 minutes, unless he is doing family formals and the like.  Is he leaving the hotel with the photog to do pics around the strip?  My FI had a photog at his room for maybe 20 minutes.

I also think you won't need 90 minutes unless you're doing a first look or leaving the hotel.  Do you have the photog from 9 am so you are trying to keep him busy?  I love the pics with me and my girls and DH with his guys but we spent more time doing couple pictures.  What is your photographer schedule?  I can show you mine if interested.  I am very schedule oriented...

Also, for the neon sign boneyard, do you already have reservations?  Check to verify what you need to do to visit on Sunday.  If you're doing photography, I believe there is a $200 fee.
    Bi-oh-rama

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hey smokey - can you email me your timeline? I'm trying to figure mine out but I'm kinda swamped with work and school andplusalso I'm lazy. I'll pm you my email. please and thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smokey, I'll PM you my email and I would greatly appreciate your timeline.  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards