Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Wedding Rehearsal

Did you have a rehearsal before your wedding?? My wedding coordinator at Caesar's is suggesting that we have one because we each have four attendants & it will be more organized the day of the wedding. It costs extra of course, so I'm not sure if it's necessary or they are just  trying to make more money! Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Rehearsal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea Mandalay Bay offered us a rehearsal as well. Our ceremony is only going to be fifteen minutes. We didn't think a rehearsal was neccessary for such a short ceremony.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We actually are doing a rehersal. We were not originally, seemed kinda silly for a 15 minute ceramony, but I changed my mind. Im a little OCD..super orgazined/planning type (my MOH calles me Monica from friends) and I knoowww Im going to be a mess the day of the wedding...so I feel better doing a rehersal...make sure everything goes okay...everything looks good and like that. Ive watched some Caesars Palace Venus Garden (where we are getting married) on YouTube...and I like the officiant, but it drives me crazy the way he tells them to "scoot over here..no..now scoot a little bit more over here...no now scoot a little more forward" during the ceramony. I dont want to be doing all the "scooting" during the ceramony with all our guests watching. My dad who is paying for the ceramony package...is also paying the $300 for the rehersal, so that makes it a little better too. 

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are not doing a rehersal either.  Watch a youtube video of a ceremony, it shouldn't matter how many attendants you have they are all the same.  For such a short /simple ceremony I think it's unecessary and they are trying to make more money.  Plus we don't want to interrupt people's day or vacatation with a pointless 10 minute rehersal.

• Options
    bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We opted out of the rehearsal too.  Just feel that it is not in our budget for something that is probably unnecessary.  I am trusting my wedding party to show up sober and coherent... hopefully if they do that, there should not be any major issues! :)

• Options
    aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wedding-rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:a3d07f50-70e9-4c66-887e-eb5ee1dee606Post:513730f2-37ac-40c7-b5b1-3a04e878a102">Re: Wedding Rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]We opted out of the rehearsal too.  Just feel that it is not in our budget for something that is probably unnecessary.  I <strong>am trusting my wedding party to show up sober and coherent</strong>... hopefully if they do that, there should not be any major issues! :)
    Posted by bcschuman[/QUOTE]

LOL love that. Yes I have strict rules about our wedding party drinking pre-wedding and I will be with them for a most of the afternoon so I'm not to worried.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary. It's a "suggested" add-on.  I believe at Caesars it's $300 for 15 or 30 minutes of rehearsal. That's extravagant IMO.  If it were $10, eh it wouldn't be so bad.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a rehearsal for our wedding, our venue always give rehearsal time, and my WP need to rehearse since we'll be doing some traditions during the ceremony that they are not used to.

How long is your ceremony and what type of ceremony is it? I think it really depends on how complicated a ceremony is that determines if you really need a rehearsal. If it's only a 15 minute traditional civil ceremony, then I wouldn't spend that much money for a 30 minute rehearsal. You can just do it on your own, instead of spending that much money!
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, pretty much my biggest regret is not having a rehearsal, but that was probably because we didn't have a coordinator and our officiant was ordained just for the wedding so he was inexperienced.  If you have someone to tell your attendants when to walk down the aisle or what music cue to listen for, and if your officiant will read what's in front of him instead of adlibbing, you'll probably be fine.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having one, but it's not an extra charge.  If we had to pay $300 for it, we wouldn't be doing it.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are not going to do pay an extra $300 for a rehearsal. The gardens are always open so we plan on getting everyone together Friday night and do a walk through. Also we are going to try and organize everyone at our rehearsal dinner during the week. I have 4 attendants and he has 5, plus our 3 kids.. We have alot of people  

• Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No rehearsal but we will go through the ceremony in advance with the officiant.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    guamibearguamibear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not doing a rehearsal at the chapel. going to have the wedding party come to our room before our rehearsal lunch to go over the details, such as who is walking with who and what to expect for the next day as far as times and logistics. I figure it will be the only time we get a chance to have everyone in one spot before the big day. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did a rehearsal and it was sooooo worth it!  Our ceremony went so smooth.  If we hadn't I think things would have been a bit disorganized.  Have you ever watched the webcast and seen all those little akward moments?  Those can be easily avoided by having a rehearsal.  Its a choice, it costs money, but I would do it again for sure. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards