Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

May I Vent Here? (there's positivity at the end tho!)

OK Good:

I hate davids bridal.

When I was buying my dress I was told the alterations would be about 100-150 which I kinda thought was a lot but didn't know so just said whatever.

I had to kind beg them to do rush alterations now that we changed our wedding date, and I find out it's a service they readily offer! (so i dont know why all the hoopla when I was trying to order rush service!) grrrr

So today I go for first fitting, The lady comes in, tells me what the price will be $120.  I say fine.

She pins me up down and sideways, dress looks perfect.  I go outside to my bill.  It's $300!!!

I tell them there's a mistake it's 120 per the chick who pinned me, but apparently, she did all kindsa extra stuff that made the price go up to $300!!

I only paid $400 for the freaking dress!!!  There is no way in hell I'm paying that amount.

So I told them to unpin it and I'd go elsewhere.  I'm hoping I can find somewhere with reasonable pricing that works quickly!

Woooosaaaaahhh

Good news is john and I got our location booked, picked out bands, and his tux today! Also ordered our outfits for our strip tour photoshoot w/ todd.  I'm happy to have something done even if this dress is a pain in my booty.

OK, no more negative nancy.

thanks for "listening"

xo,
Dani

Re: May I Vent Here? (there's positivity at the end tho!)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry for your davids bridal drama.

I bought my dress from our local one and they were very pleasant....but their corprate online customer service department is NOT.

My FMIL bought our cake tooper through their website. After 3 weeks she called and complained about not receiving the topper and they said there was a problem processing it..blah blah blah...and one will be shipped out the same day. Well a week later she had 2 UPS boxes on her porch...they sent her 2 toppers and charged her twice. She called about sending one back and getting her money back on the one and they argued and argued with her....finally they agreed to give her her money back but she had to pay the shipping to send it back.

Sorry for the looong story...but I know how aggravating Davids Bridal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yah I  bought my dress at a David's, but I would never let them alter it. I do not trust them. Do you know anyone who does bridal alterations out of their home? That is the route I went, and it was like $50.
  • Options
    solbejsolbej member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto,  about the alterations department.  I had 4 fittings, which 2 of the 4 I left in tears. I love my dress, but I would not recommend anyone get their alterations there.
  • Options
    MrsG IIIMrsG III member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah! Good to klow, my dress come in January and my mom and I were just talking about alterations.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, unbelievable! I have only been in to DB to try on dresses thus far, and both of the sales people were nice and not pushy at all. But, I do not think I want to do my alterations there from what I have heard about them.

I hope my step mom's tailor is still in business. She did my prom dress, and it was not too expensive. 

Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! I didn't get my dress from DB, but what I don't get is that the bridal shops take your measurements and order the dress. I'm guessing that the dress was pretty much custom made since I didn't have to alter the hem, but I still needed work done, taken in some, plus had the bussel added. I paid alot of money for my dress, so I was hoping only to get the bussel done.
  • Options
    dianaslikdianaslik member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow... My dress is from David's and I'm planning on getting my alterations done there - partially because my build and height required me to get a slightly larger dress (and, yes, I keep losing weight - thank you, Army) - and when I was picking up my dress the head alterationist happened to walk by and was looking and discussing how she would move the waistline, etc and that she had recently done similar work on the same dress.
    I had originally planned to go to an outside alterationist, but since they were actually familiar with my dress am planning on going there - I guess I'll be paying close attention at my fitting!
    Like Dani, I'll have no qualms about walking out and going elsewhere if they get too crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I also got my dress at David's Bridal however I don't plan on getting my alterations done there. When we went to go pick up my dress and look at bridesmaids dresses we had a bad experience. Their alterations dept was too busy to help me that day even though when I called them to make my appt to pick the dress I told them that I wanted to talk to someone about getting it altered. I guess that was a good because I later found out from lurking on the other boards that other brides had a bad experience with their alterations dept. I plan on finding a seamstress that works out of her house or a local alterations shop.
  • Options
    wenawinterwenawinter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not happy to hear these reviews!! I have my 1st fitting there on Tuesday! I hope it's not too awful. But as I read here, I guess if I don't like the price, I can go elsewhere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    fizzycolorsfizzycolors member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The same thing happened to me with the alterations, though mine was through a private shop, not DB.  My original quote was $80 but somehow it became $325, and by the time I was told this, I decided it was too late to find another, especially since I would have had to pay them for what they had already done!  Good for you in the rest of your checks though, and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards