Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Percentage of People that Actually Come to the Wedding

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering how many people usualy come to a wedding? I have 230 people on our wedding invitation list, but our location will only allow us to have 200 people at the ceremony and reception. I am worried that we might have more guests than we had hoped. If you could share how many people you have invited or are planning on inviting and how many people have actually RSVP'd or came to the wedding that would be great.

Thanks!
~Karinareno~

Re: Percentage of People that Actually Come to the Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 38 people, and expected about 30 of those peope to come.  As of now, only 20 are coming.
  • Options
    jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited about 100 guests, and about 75 guests came. I think every situation is different though, like the location your guest live, a good chunk of our guests reside around LA, so airfares are cheap or it's a quick drive away. The people I thought would def come, didn't, and the ones I sent a "courtesy" invite to, actually came. 
  • Options
    leman000leman000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We invited 44 and ended up with 36 confirmed.  3 that are coming were not orignially invited but if they are going to be in Vegas while we are, so they might as well be part of the event..
  • Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The very first RSVP we got was for the aunt and uncle that FI and FMIL swore up and down wouldn't come.  Guess what they answered?

There's no magic percentage that you can use to predict.  Unless you have at least 30 people who you know absolutely cannot come (for instance, my grandparents can't travel due to health reasons), then you really need to cut your guest list down to what your venue can accommodate.  Especially with Vegas, you never know what random people you haven't spoken to in 10 years will decide to take the excuse for a vacation.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We invited 84ppl. Our chapel fits 100, but the insuite reception probably at most holds 60. Right now we have 59 guests confirmed. It is hard to say with a destination wedding how many would come. We gambled by inviting more than we knew it would hold, and I'm pretty comfortable with the number that have said yes.
  • Options
    keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no exact science, as already said but I think you should assume 75-80% on the high end. We live in LA so it's only a few hours drive to Vegas so we are probably doing to be closer to the 80% or more.

Maybe you should do invite your top 200 first and se how may RSVPs you get before you invite the rest.
  • Options
    blessedbinablessedbina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all of the feedback! I really liked the idea to invite the first 200 and then see how many people RSVP.

~Karinareno~
  • Options
    sagi122sagi122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We sent 100 invites out...but a lot of it was sent to family we knew wouldn't come, but my mom insisted we had to send out of "respect." We are from the Philly area so it is somewhat of a hike to Vegas, so I thought that would deter a lot of people.

I honestly thought we would get something in the low 30s. FI predicted 50, and I thought he was nuts.

Our RSVP date was Monday, and we have 52 people confirmed, and I have one more person who will let me know next week.  I was completely shocked. 
    BFP: 1/11/11, Large Cystic Hygroma & heart defect, Lost baby on 3/30/11 at 16w 4d.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I invited 118 people knowing a bunch couldn't make it.  We have 57 RSVPs so far.
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Two weeks out we have 80 attending of the 122 we invited. We did have about 10 that we knew would not come like my grandmother's. I agree that you should just invite your top 200 people and if your rsvp's are low, invite the other 30 guests. The last thing you want is to have people there without a seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards