• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Nevada-Las Vegas

Repost: Reviews 4/15/12 Part 1

So apparently TK was hungry on Friday and ate both of my review posts..

Francesca Lombardo A++
What can I say about Francesca that hasn’t already been said a million times before? Truthfully, she is amazing. I really didn’t have a clear vision of wanted in terms of makeup – only that I wanted to play up my eyes and I love the smoky dramatic look and she ran with it. I have never felt more beautiful in my life. There’s something about her presence that puts you totally at ease - even one of my bridesmaids who wasn’t going to have her makeup done (because she has a thing about people touching her eyes) decided to face her fears and have Francesca make her up too. She got through it without incident and looked awesome! Francesca’s assistant Kimberlie did all of our hair and she did an incredible job also.

Bently & Wilson A+
Again, Todd totally lived up to his reputation. He came in shooting, took a ton of getting ready pics before we headed off to our first look/photo tour. We did our first look at the Cosmo (we must have been one of the last bridal parties before they started to crack down) and got a couple of fun shots. Unfortunately, we didn’t have as much time here as I would have liked because my bridal party & I ended up running 45 mins late for our first look (it took way longer to lace up my dress than I had anticipated). As a result our strip tour was also cut short (we only made it downtown) but we were able to get a bunch of great shots at the Wynn before the ceremony too so it all worked out in the end. Todd was super fast with editing & sending us our pictures – we received them less than 3 weeks after the wedding. They came out even better than I had expected, and I have received SO many compliments on how amazing our pictures/photographer are.  

Maggiano’s A
Planning the reception with Cassy and Sabrina was fantastic and SO easy. They were both super quick with their email responses, easy going and overall a pleasure to work with. Instead of a sit-down dinner, we opted for the cocktail reception package and added several items to the buffet as well as a pasta station. The food was SO good, service was great and the room looked incredible. The day of the wedding there were a couple of minor hiccups – the biggest being that when we got to the reception, the marquee outside the banquet rooms had not been updated since the afternoon’s events. DH said something to the banquet captain and it was fixed immediately.  

Wedding Salon @ the Wynn – A+
I got off to a bit of a rough start at The Wynn – my coordinator quit five months before the wedding. I would have been upset, but I honestly didn’t really care for her anyway. Thanks to the rave reviews from the ladies on TK, I request Cabriole as her replacement and could not have been happier. Kabbie was an absolute dream to work with. She was always quick to respond to emails, no request or question was too silly. The ceremony went perfectly and the décor even more beautiful that I had imagined. All of the florals (especially my bouquet) were absolutely gorgeous. We had emailed with the officiant – Reverend Richard Walter a bit before the ceremony, but did not meet him until the day of. He was fantastic! Since so many of our friends & family could not make the trip to Las Vegas, we opted for the live webcast (and 60 days of webcasting – TOTALLY worth it) and so many people have commented on how wonderful Rev. Walter and his direction of the ceremony were.   

Eddie Powers (as Elvis) B+
We are NOT young Elvis people. When we decided we wanted to hire an Elvis, (and how can you get married in Vegas and NOT hire an Elvis?!) we knew we wanted an older, bloated, white jumpsuit Elvis. And that’s what we got (okay, maybe he wasn’t really “bloated” per se..) He was appropriately cheesy, had great interaction with our guests and his performance was spot on. He hung around afterwards to take pictures with our guests. Everyone LOVED him! He was everything we had hoped/needed/wanted him to be.

Pick Your Poison A+
One word? YUM. From the beginning, it was a total pleasure working with these girls. Communication was lightening quick and they were great at following up with me as the date got closer. Their flavors all sounded so incredible we had a ridiculously difficult time choosing - they ask you only choose 6 flavors but will do more for an upcharge) so we chose 8 (vanilla coke, root beer float, caramel apple, irish carbomb, lemondrop, strawberry champagne, s’mores and turtle). I’m pretty sure I tried all of them and they were all insanely delicious. Next time we go to Vegas I definitely plan on placing another order.  

All Night Long (DJ & Uplighting) C-

The only big disappointment of the entire day was our DJ. When we contacted ANL to go over our event, we specifically stated that we were primarily looking for an MC to announce our grand entrance (us only, not the entire bridal party), our first dance and cake cutting. We weren’t doing any of the traditional dances with our parents, bouquet or garter tosses. DJing the event was secondary since we really weren’t planning a big dance party. We had emailed the three songs files (just in case they didn’t have them in their collection) a few days before the reception - we should have done it earlier, but they confirmed that they did receive them. The day of, we met briefly with our DJ, Lantz before we entered the reception to go over the details. First, he announced us into the room and THEN started playing the grand entrance song.. after we had already entered - which was incredibly awkward. He switched over to do our first dance, but instead played the cake cutting song. When he finally found the right song for our first dance, he played some weird cover version (the song was “Something” by the Beatles, not really that uncommon). Later in the evening, Elvis had coordinated with him to play his CD and he somehow played the wrong song for him too. As a straight-up DJ, Lantz was fine. He stuck to the play/do not play list and everyone was up dancing and having a great time. Uplighting was gorgeous and really made the room look fantastic. Addendum 5/14 : After I posted my reviews on weddingwire, I received an email from Lantz apologizing for his disappointing performance. I thought it was really nice that he took the time to apologize, until he closed out the email with "Jason and yourself were wonderful, and again I am sorry you were disappointed with the service" My husband's name is Michael.  SMH

Re: Repost: Reviews 4/15/12 Part 1

• thanks so much for your reviews!! im getting married in the same salon as you, and the same reception spot! I will defo stay away from that DJ lol.
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Sorry to hear about your experience with ANL; we used them for our wedding and they were perfect so I'm hoping it was just a one off issue.  We had actually communicated with Lantz prior to our wedding date to get everything set up as far as music goes although he was not the DJ at our event.

Married old Las Vegas hag groom - June 2011

Getting married in Vegas? Start here! [click]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards