Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

NWR: Costco

So last weekend the FI and I finally went to Costco for a membership. We walked around the store a little bit that day and didn't buy anything. We decided to go there today to get some shopping done and walked out $300 later. We could get in some major trouble at that store. lol

Anyone else love Costco or any other store?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: NWR: Costco

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a member at Sam's, but I don't use it for very much right now.  It's SO FUN to shop there even if I don't buy anything.  :)

My store obsession is Target.  I could go there every day and waste hours...  I can't wait for the new Missoni line in September B)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We go to Costco but hate it. It's a trek to get there and then we have to walk back with the heavy bags. Ugh. We mainly go to stock up on cleaning produts, I wish they had a better selection of organic food. A store we love is Whole Foods :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG yes I love whole foods too!! And also trader joes! :-)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I could just stare at the grapes at Whole Foods - they're so perfect!

Trader Joe's has some amazing food.  I can't go there for all my shopping, but I spend some quality time at that store!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And all those soaps and salts they have... That would be my "$300 later" story right there :))
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Trader Joes is great.  I just went there last night for one thing and came out with 2 bags of stuff.  They even had the cutest little lunch bags for work so I HAD to get one.  FOr $4 I couldn't resist.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our first costco down here last year. i don't think it is doing that great- no one I know goes there. I think it is the $60 per year membership fee that turns aussies off. We already have discount stores like that which we don't have to pay membership for,
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We have memberships both at Costco and Sam's.  I am on my Dad's membership with Sam's and my sis with Costco.  Dad and I do our gas and it can be up to 10 cents less than what's on the street at any given time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Phonecardlady--do you have to use the AR card or...? I don't know how to get the gas. Do you have to swipe the membership card first?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I find really the only thing I go to Costco for is their gas and sometimes I get my contact lenses from there as well.

Yes, you do have to have a membership there even to get gas.  You swipe the membership card first and then your debit/credit card.  But I agree with PP, I do find their gas is somewhat cheaper then regular gas stations at times.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards