Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

*OnCloudK9*.....You're not alone.

Sounds like how my Vegas wedding is shaping up to be...

My wedding is July 30th at CP.

I currently have some sort of eye issue going on at the moment. Red, sore. :(

Sister also may not be able to fly due to pregnant/gestational diabetes. :(

Our invites went out April 22 (but messages were sent a month or two before to get a feel for the number of guests who would be willing to travel to be at our wedding). None of our invited guests want to take advantage of an excuse to hit sin city and won't be going...instead most have made other plans and booked other trips. :(

Best man has dropped out due to financial reasons (understanding since he just recently got married) but instead of receiving wedding gifts that could help with a Vegas trip, they received tickets to go somewhere else from her parents. :(

We knew all along that it would be a small wedding but still want it to be a special day...after all the money we have spent so far it's dissapointing that nobody will be there. :(

I guess at least we will have Todd for 6 hours and can go wherever we want and eat wherever we want....and we will be spending a week at Wynn :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: *OnCloudK9*.....You're not alone.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about you going through all that as well.  I think your idea of taking pics all over the place with Todd is a great one; we didn't have time to do any of that because the timing just wouldn't have worked on wedding day and I wish we could have.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry things are so crazy for you right now.  I know how nice it would be to have all your friends and family there with you, but isn't the point marrying your FI? :)  I hope you can see the joy in the special moments with him, and make the best of it.  I think an elopement can be wickedly romantic and fun - you can do whatever you want! :)

Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww.... Your message was so sad!!! But, I am glad you are spending a week with your FI and will ENJOY the Wynn!!! You will have so much fun!!! Good luck and best wishes!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will have such a beautiful, romantic, intimate wedding! That is awesome! You will have so many beautiful pictures to share with your friends and family when you get back, how fun :)

I am totally jealous you are staying at the Wynn for a WEEK! That hotel is gorgeous and soooooo luxorious! You and your new hubby will really get to enjoy eachother thereKiss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont worry sweetie, the Wynn will take it all away! :) Jokes aside, we went through a similar disappointment with our guests and let me tell you, intimate is the way to go! You will be completely 100% surrounded by people that love you and it will be YOUR day a lot more. Also, looking back I have a better sense of who our friends really are, which isn't bad either. Your plans sound wonderful so enjoy all this time until your big day comes - it will sure exceed your expectations! Cheer up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ((((HUGS)))) The tone of your post is so sad and I feel bad for you. I too have wondered what the final count will really be and if people would really be able to make it. But a week with you soon to be husband without all the chaos sounds great!. Could you break up the hours with todd and myabe use him during the week for like 2 hours or so for some couples b-pics or something fun like that?
  • Options
    davidsbride21davidsbride21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments.  FI and I have been feeling really let down although we knew beforehand that some people were unable to go...ok, we understand...but when I read all about everyone elses summer travel plans on facebook...well it just makes me feel so upset/angry.

Again, your encouraging words are so very helpful right now. Thanks.

Camillejon we are staying at Wynn for 8 nights :D

Queen I will mention it to FI and have a think about it.  Todd seems like a great guy from everyone's reviews so he probably wouldn't mind that.  FI has mentioned before that he would love to do a photoshoot somewhere cool and if we have a super small group then Todd probably would get all of his shots well under 6 hrs.  Something to think about for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_oncloudk9youre-not-alone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:a987bcdc-a3bf-4d24-a623-c0d5351966a2Post:5ac1415f-1112-408d-97e4-a05239608c53">Re: *OnCloudK9*.....You're not alone.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks everyone for the nice comments.  FI and I have been feeling really let down although we knew beforehand that some people were unable to go...ok, we understand...<strong>but when I read all about everyone elses summer travel plans on facebook...well it just makes me feel so upset/angry. </strong>Again, your encouraging words are so very helpful right now. Thanks. Camillejon we are staying at Wynn for 8 nights :D Queen I will mention it to FI and have a think about it.  Todd seems like a great guy from everyone's reviews so he probably wouldn't mind that.  <strong>FI has mentioned before that he would love to do a photoshoot somewhere cool and if we have a super small group then Todd probably would get all of his shots well under 6 hrs.  Something to think about for sure.</strong>
    Posted by davidsbride21[/QUOTE]

I think you have every right to be upset/disappointed for a little while.  But once you get on that plane (or car/train/bicycle), focus solely on the amazing time ahead for you and your FI!!  :)  All your hard work planning will pay off.

The Neon Boneyard seems to be a really cool/popular place around here.  I also love people's shots downtown!!  Maybe Todd has some cool ideas of places he's always wanted to shoot, too?  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear- I hope your sister is ok as well.

Don't worry I can understand the whole low acceptance (see ticker)! It can be really hard and upsetting but I chalk it up to one of thise things about a DW and just get on to focusing on what a great day it will be regardless.

What is most disappointing to us is that we changed our plans from just us and the folks/siblings/best friends going to inviting others because they were upset about not being invited. It turns out that after everything is said and done aside from one Aunt and Uncle on my side and one couple who are our friends the guest list is just our original plan! Could of saved a fortune on stationery and time (because we made our passport invites) and planned a different reception. Oh well thats life and we (like you and your FI) will have a kick ass time regardless!

Think how romantic it will seem to your future kids/grandkids when they look at the intimate wedding photos (because i cna only imagine what weddings will be like in 30 years!)
  • Options
    kateynjoekateynjoe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: *OnCloudK9*.....! You will be completely 100% surrounded by people that love you and it will be YOUR day a lot more. Also, looking back I have a better sense of who our friends really are, which isn't bad either. Your plans sound wonderful so enjoy all this time until your big day comes - it will sure exceed your expectations! Cheer up.
    Posted by wiwicaty[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better! The people closest will be there (Unless medically or financially impossible!)  No matter what you and your FI will become Mr. and Mrs. !  
    Enjoy every second!!!
    "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!" ~Anonymous~ "It is far better to be small and *Shine* than to be big and cast a Shadow!" ~Anonymous~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if you have the time, and no guests - FOR SURE go to the neon boneyard.  i'm disappointed we don't have pictures from there :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards