Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake issues & Past Vista Suite Brides

A couple things regarding wedding cakes & Mandalay Bay....

1. We were going to get our cake through Retro Bakery, however Brian just informed me their last delivery is at 5pm. Our ceremony is at 4:30 - there's no way we can have anyone there by 5 to meet whoever delivers it. I asked him if it could be delivered at, say, 3, and he told me the cake could only sit outside of a fridge for a max of one hour.

Does the Vista suite have a fairly large fridge or is it just a mini fridge? I'm assuming it's a mini fridge (if there is a fridge at all).

What'd you all do for your cake?

Also - does the Vista suite have speakers hooked up to the Ipod docking station - and if so, how are they for sound? I don't want to have to hire a DJ but I want there to be music.....

Re: Cake issues & Past Vista Suite Brides

• Options
    aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a mini-fridge, no way it could fit a cake.  We did big cookies instead.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had our cake delivered before our ceremony and it sat out and was just fine. I think it was delivered at like 3 or 4pm (their last delivery time) and our wedding wasn't until 7ish so it sat out for like 4+ hours.

I've never heard of a cake only lasting 1 hour outside of a  fridge. Most wedding cakes are on display for much longer!

What kind of frosting are you getting?

Also, our cake was by Cake Designs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just the buttercream frosting and then the fondant.

For our at home reception, our baker is doig a cake and said it would be fine sitting out all day. She's doing the buttercream covered in fondant. She said the cake will just "sweat" a bit but it'd be better than keeping it in the fridge.

I will email Cake Designs and see what they say - thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours sat out and was just fine.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto PP's - I always thought cakes were on display for quite some time so unless you're having an ice cream cake, it doesn't make sense for them to say it won't be able to sit out.  Have you contacted any other bakeries, or are you set on Retro?

Edit - sorry, I missed the part of your reply that said you were contacting Cake Designs...

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was just buttercream frosting. It was delivered in their latest time slot between 2-4. It sat out until we cut it (after 9pm). Dawn at Cake Designs said it would be fine, and it was!

a picture for proof!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what I thought too, I thought it was really odd.

Cake Designs emailed me back within 20 minutes so I may book with them. Their price matches Retro.

And thank you for posting that photo!

• Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for Las Vegas Custom Cakes, best tasting cake IMO out there!  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards