Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

So frustrated!

My wedding is 11.11.11 which is 3 weeks away!!

Originally, when we were still changing venues, we were going to stick with having the wedding at the Spring Mountain State Ranch Park. I had already met with them in person, worked out details, and everything was set. I didn't make a deposit, I had to call them to tell them that we have had a change of plans; we will have our wedding ceremony and reception at our church (because weather will probably be cold and possibly windy) so we decided it would be best if we still did a first look there before the ceremony. I called the other day to confirm, and she is just now telling us that our photographer has to have a license, or a permit to shoot there. I had my photographer (she is a good friend of ours, going to school for photography) call her and they spoke, and basically she can't get a permit or a license because she doesn't do enough business to have one.

Is this ridiculous? Why wouldn't they have told me this to begin with when we were planning the actual wedding there? And what does it matter that there are pictures there? It's just like if someone were having a hike, or a picnic, and just so happen to be taking pictures of the scenery.

I've done a modeling photoshoot there before without any hassle.

Ladies - what would you do in my situation? I'm devistated because I was so looking forward to taking pictures there because it has that rustic, coutry feel to it. Our church is just 15 minutes away, too. So if we were to try to have a backup location like lake las vegas, or tule springs, it's too far away and will throw us off schedule.

Red Rock restrics pictures without permits as well..

I feel like I should call her back and talk to her myself to express that their lack of communication in the situation was unprofessional and for that, they should be flexible in the situation, especailly considering my wedding is right around the corner.

Re: So frustrated!

• Options
    MeatAuditorMeatAuditor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They should have had you sign a contract, which should include details like when vendors need permits.  It's really unprofessional on their part that they didn't give you anything in writing about that.

I'm also a little confused about the permit.  How much is it?  Couldn't someone just pay for one?  What does level of business have to do with it? 

First Look doesn't take too long.  Show up, take pics, run away??? 
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_frustrated-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:afc2f905-97d7-4578-8441-d09cde91b2adPost:f3ab4bcb-cf72-46cc-93a8-83ebd0d17076">Re: So frustrated!</a>:
    [QUOTE]They should have had you sign a contract, which should include details like when vendors need permits.  It's really unprofessional on their part that they didn't give you anything in writing about that. I'm also a little confused about the permit.  How much is it?  Couldn't someone just pay for one?  What does level of business have to do with it?  F<strong>irst Look doesn't take too long.  Show up, take pics, run away??? 
    </strong>Posted by MeatAuditor[/QUOTE]

Well if she needs a photography permit, I beleive they are around $100 for the day, but my photographer told me that if she needs to have insurance, then she won't be able to get it because I don't think she has enough business to qualify for it or something like that.

And yes, I totally want to do a sneak attack!!! lol. But you have to pull up to their pay toll to get in, and they will see me in a wedding dress and think something's weird. And how embarassing would it be if they actually approched us and told us to leave! I just don't know why the lady is just now telling me about this close to the wedding - i mean, hello, courtesy call please?? And I've been trying to get a hold of her to clear everything up but their line is a dialtone!

I'm about to flip out on someone lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards