Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cake vs. Cupcakes

We are having a cocktail reception at Trevi. We have seating for about 90% of our guests. I am worried about serving cake because not everyone will have a seat. Should we have a mini sweets bar instead with s'mores brownies (we we're planning on serving these with the cake), mini cupcakes, cake pops, and cookies and just have a cake for us to cut? I am just worried about people havinig a place to eat cake. What do you think?

Re: Cake vs. Cupcakes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That would be nice to have a sweets table...but eating cake standing up or sitting down wouldn't be an issue to me...it's delicious cake...hehe
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a sucker for mini-everything.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think either would work fine, I love the sweets bar idea, a variety is always nice.  But if you just did cake, I don't think anyone would have a problem eating it standing up, usually a piece of cake is gone in about a minute, well in my case at least;)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You really should have a seat for every butt.  Will some people really need to stand the entire time?

Ask if they can bring in another 10 chairs so that everyone can sit if they want.  Standing in heels can be very tiring.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have lounge area also, but we don't have a table for every person. Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not havign a table for every person is okay, IMO.  It's just the lack of chairs that worries me.  Go with the finger foods if not everyone has a place to set down their plates.  balancing a drink, a plate and a fork can be tricky.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i can eat cake standing on my head while juggling so i think either idea is fine.

:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I feel better about ordering a cake now. Now just have to find a design everyone agrees on.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-vs-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:affe4053-e341-47b6-a9f9-02ecb923b82cPost:9f39458a-1932-43de-842e-85797b9edc81">Re: Cake vs. Cupcakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not havign a table for every person is okay, IMO.  It's just the lack of chairs that worries me.  Go with the finger foods if not everyone has a place to set down their plates.  balancing a drink, a plate and a fork can be tricky.
    Posted by smokeybailey[/QUOTE]

I'd be worried about this as well; and I have a wedding I have to go to in December that is doing the same thing.  Notice I said have to go lol; not looking forward to it, dress shoes are comfortable for a few hours but I like to have a place to sit after a while, I like to take my jacket off and hang it on the back of the chair, wife likes to have a chair to leave her purse on, etc.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The reception is a cocktail reception. We are having stations and passed hors d' ouvres (spelling?). The point is to have people mix and mingle. Everyone has a place to sit, just not necessarily a table. 
  • Options
    joyfultodayjoyfultoday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-vs-cupcakes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:affe4053-e341-47b6-a9f9-02ecb923b82cPost:7b6111c7-ff6c-4f51-b67e-e2e69a5d209a">Re: Cake vs. Cupcakes</a>:
    [QUOTE]The reception is a cocktail reception. We are having stations and passed hors d' ouvres (spelling?). The point is to have people mix and mingle. Everyone has a place to sit, just not necessarily a table. 
    Posted by kcoleybear@aol.com[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>my first wedding was a cocktail style reception and it was perfect.  people moved around, some sat, some stood and it worked really well.  </div><div>
    </div><div>i used to be an event planner and cocktail events were my favorite to plan and usually the most interesting evenings to attend.  :)

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards