Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Vegas Locals, Question

It turns out we'll  be in Vegas over Valentine's Day.  Is the strip a shitshow on V-day?  Is that the day we should plan to hit up the outlets and just eat at the foodcourt?  Do all the restaurants do overpriced, set menus?

TIA!

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
"This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
Miss
Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
being healthy. blog.

Re: Vegas Locals, Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont think it will be, we have been for a few holidays and the only day that I have seen overpriced is Sundays since everyone is checking out, and they call it "Sunday Brunch." But that is at the buffets, I think the resturaunts might have a special for v-day, but you would probably be able to order off of the regular menu. As for crowds, the weekend will probably be busy, but since v-day is on a Monday it should start to calm down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not a local, but I was in Vegas last year for Valentine's Day.  I didn't notice that it was any busier than any other weekend, but you will see a TON of brides.  Everywhere.

We made sure to make reservations at a restaurant for actual Valentine's Day (we went to Mesa Grill in Caesars and it was awesome).  But making reservations on Valentine's Day is pretty standard no matter where you are.

Have fun :)
  • Options
    smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Mandy!!!!!
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a local, but not much help. My FI and I celebrate the weekend before Valentine's day, since that's our dating anniversary. Plus, I only go to the strip about 6 times a year! 

But, here's a link:

It has the special V-Day menus & costs for a few restaurants.
    Planning Bio

Dan + Amanda

Wedding Countdown Ticker

To be loved, be lovable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've never done the Strip for V-Day, so I can't really say if it's packed or not.  Generally, the worst crowds are on 3-day weekends and those that have big sporting events, like Super Bowl day.  So, you should be okay.

If you're going to have a car here, you can also check out Town Square.  There's several really nice restaurants there, and it's just south of the Mandalay Bay.  Brio Tuscan Grille is particularly awesome.

HTH!
  • Options
    smedina0212smedina0212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm a local ( born and raised ), and Valentines from my experience isn't any busier than usual and restaurants are the same wait time as any other day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards