Nevada-Las Vegas

May 27, 2012 Wedding Reviews

I was mostly a lurker but found some incredibly valuable information through this blog so I thought I would share my reviews as well. Our wedding was amazing...absolutely perfect weather for an outdoor ceremony and everything went so well....it was better than I could have imagined. Here are my reviews:

Angel Park Golf Course (Ceremony and Reception): A+++++++
Absolutely amazing. The site is beautiful and Teresa is really fantastic. She is extremely responsive and makes sure that your wedding goes smoothly. The service there is great and the food was soooo good. Even the pickiest eaters raved about the food. The room was set up so beautifully. I really couldn't have imagined a better place to have our wedding.

New Sensations A+++++++++++++++++++
This was our biggest splurge. Obviously a band is a lot more expensive than a DJ. My FI and actually didn't agree about this in the beginning but he really wanted a band. It was difficult to decide on one since we weren't in the area and needed to rely on the information on the Internet. Fortunately, they were playing in Vegas and my parents who live out there were able to go see them. They thought they were really good so we decided to book them. Best decision we could have made. They were fantastic. They played the best songs and learned a couple new songs we requested. Everyone raved about the band. They made our night so special.

Flowers by Michelle A+++++++++++++++
The flowers were gorgeous.Our theme was red, black and white so we had lots of beautiful red flowers. My bouquet was amazing as were the centerpieces. I love polka dots so they included polka dot ribbons both on the bouquets and centerpieces. We also had red rose petals on the aisle runner. Angel Park itself has beautiful flowers so the flowers by Michelle such enhanced an already beautiful location.

Bently and Wilson A++++++
I haven't seen the pictures yet obviously but Todd is definitely a professional. He also brought an assistant and she was great. I liked the mix of standard and artistic pictures he seemed to take. I can't wait to see them. This is one of the vendors that I decided upon by looking at the reviews on the Knot.

Caked Las Vegas A+ for look A- for cake and responsiveness
So this is the ONLY complaint I really had all night and it isn't too bad. The cake looked amazing. Absolutely beautiful. My guests were in awe of it. I had requested the cake  be all red velvet and the sheet cake strawberry. Well they included one layer of strawberry in the cake so there wasn't an even amount of red velvet and strawberry. I love red velvet so I was disappointed. It was hard to communicate with them before the wedding and Carolyn didn't quickly respond to my emails and calls. I ended up talking to a number of differnt people so that is probably why our requests weren't completely satisfied. However, the red velvet piece I had tasted great.

Party City for Invitations A++++++++++
This vendor was in Maryland but we were lucky enough to work with a great guy over at Party City for our invitations. Our invitations were custom made and turned out beautifully. We got many compliments. He also ended up printing our envelopes and some other stuff we had made for our favors. It always helps to find someone who will go out of their way to help you.

Re: May 27, 2012 Wedding Reviews

• Yay! We're getting married at Angel Park on the 9th, I'm so happy to hear your great review. I love Teresa! What food did you have if you don't mind me asking? So glad your flowers were great too! Congratulations!!!
  • BA11BA11 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_may-27-2012-wedding-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b1ef6427-e3e6-47c4-8170-c2dad54a7da1Post:73245347-0b92-49d0-921f-11b5a32e81eb">Re: May 27, 2012 Wedding Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! We're getting married at Angel Park on the 9th, I'm so happy to hear your great review. I love Teresa! What food did you have if you don't mind me asking? So glad your flowers were great too! Congratulations!!!
    Posted by mikkiwin8[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Sure, we had 3 entree choices for our guests, not including the vegetarian option and kids meals. They included the beef tenderloin, herb-crusted chicken, and the crab stuffed salmon. I had the beef tenderloin and it was fantastic. The sides we decided upon were the mashed potatoes and the asparagus. Both were delicious. We also had appetizers that included bruscetta, chicken satays, meatballs, wild mushrooms in phyllo, and korean shrimp toasts. I didn't get a chance to eat them but Teresa did a great job making sure we had food and drinks.
  • Thanks for the great reviews.  I also loved your pictures on the following post.  Thanks for sharing and let us know when you get your pictures from Todd.
    http://angieandchris.weebly.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker image119 Dealt!
    image 40 Are All In!
    image 51 Had to fold!
    image 28 Are Holding Out For their Turn!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards