Nevada-Las Vegas

Cake ideas?

I know this is random, but it's quiet today and our system at work is down ..... LOL

Seriously, I have looked at TONS of cake photos on the knot, on wedding channel, and just random places online and I'm having a hard time finding anything I can connect with. What's worse is I can't really think of anything on my own  :-(
I know I want a square cake and the cake/fillings I want inside but as far as design, I have no idea. FI is no help, he just wants cake. Our colors are baby pink and black. Any ideas????

Anniversary

Re: Cake ideas?

• edited December 2011
    This was ALWAYS one of my fav Vegas style cakes....could change the colors??
    and not sure if you want a Vegas cake :)

2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Something like this would be really cool if they added some pink in with the black...

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    2011-2012 Races
  • edited December 2011
    Here is my cake:

• edited December 2011
    I'm so indecisive! I like them all ... except the zebra cake LOL
    Anniversary
  • GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are my favourites so far (you can swap the round for square):

www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_cake-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b3ea6819-f626-40c0-8847-e20acbcc6894Post:9b9f45d5-ef9b-424b-a8ee-e8a8332367fd">Re: Cake ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so indecisive! I like them all ... except the zebra cake LOL
    Posted by ebonyivory10[/QUOTE]
    Haha! Not sure about your style so I thought I would throw that in there :)
    2011-2012 Races
  • jccswljccswl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know exactly what you're going through. I spent hours looking at cake pics, trying to figure out what I liked and how I could make it my own. I suggest finding the little things that you like from other cakes and making it your own.

Here was my inspiration

This is what my cake turned out

• edited December 2011
    oh my gosh i totally want some cake now!!!

http://www.allcakesalloccasions.com/PinkGrapesSquare.JPG" target="_top">imagewww.allcakesalloccasions.com/PinkGrapesSquare.JPG" alt="View Image" title="View Full Size Image" width="188" height="250" />I like that it's off centered.....

swag wedding cake 3 by Caryn's Cakes.nothing like a little swag..

This day is totally dragging on!
    Check out my Planning website!! 05/11/10 http://hollyandarron.webs.com/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using the cake that Stinkerbell posted in her first post with the dice on top. I love it and it was a great price through Cake Designs LV!
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would just keep looking.  I went through roughly 1700 pictures of wedding cakes on the Knot before we found something that would work for us... and ended up going in a different direction anyway.

Also, if you find you just don't particularly care what it looks like, you can just give your baker a couple of guidelines (colors, maybe a copy of your invitation that they can tie in) and let them go to town.  I like watching Amazing Wedding Cakes, and they usually will just get a few details from the client and then come up with the final design themselves.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • edited December 2011
    Here is what I have asked Creations Bakery for including the chocolate covered strawberriers.  I know you have your filling flavors already but had to share mine :) Doesn't this cake scream black/white tuxedo cake with chocolate mousee filling. Yum. Was going to do different layers but decided to keep it all the same.

• edited December 2011
    I had a hard time till I decided on butterflies and it has absolutly nothing to do with what you like but I love it and I selfishly want to share although minde will be blue butterflies.
     I so can't wait to see it although the top will be different

• SunnyCanadianSunnyCanadian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out projectwedding.com too, they have tons of Cake photos
    BFP #1 MM/C discovered at 8w2d, loss 11/18/11
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven
    BFP #2 7/7/12, EDD 3/14/13, stick baby stick!
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • ellenalabamaellenalabama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is mine .  LOVE the butterfly one!

• edited December 2011
    Wow Pamila - that looks great!

aerinpegadrak- I like Amazing Wedding Cakes too. I'm getting our cake from Creations, and they said they can help me with some ideas, but basically told me to keep looking at pictures for myself. 

I really like the second one Gribbles posted with the "clean" lines of pink. I also really like the one hollyandarron posted! This is my dilemma, I like so many heh!  Something will come to me when I stop thinking about it. Thanks knotties - I knew you gals would come to the rescue! 

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I also went through a few different cake ideas. It is kinda like the dress, if you keep looking, it will kill you! Once you love a cake, stop looking! Also you can email a few different pictures for prices and that might help you make up your mind!
  • keana123keana123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went with something simpe and pretty.
  • edited December 2011
    I second wholeheartedly Cake Designs LV. Dawn is awesome, and she makes the most incredible chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream.

I kind of designed my own, and had a few gumpaste dogwoods (the state flower where I came from) and a few gumpaste wild prairie roses (the state where my husband is from and where we now live) and some scattered leaves. It was a small cake, but we also got a sheet cake and I couldn't stop eating on that. It was the moistest chocolate cake and best buttercream I'd ever had.

We only had 20 people at the wedding, so no need for a huge cake, and no topper, but I wanted a simply decorated cake. DH didn't want lots of flowers.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • edited December 2011
    Cool ideas, thanks ladies! I found out Creations also has edible diamonds, so that might be interesting. LOL!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards