Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

idea for a sweet treat delivery on The Strip (NWR)

my best friend and her little sister will be getting into Vegas on April 26, which is also said little sister's 24th birthday. 

my fiance and i won't be arriving in Vegas until April 27, so i'm looking for some sort of cute, deliverable treat (cake, cupcakes, candy, whatever) that i can order and have sent to her hotel room on her birthday. 

my initial thought was Retro Bakery - but we're using them for our wedding cupcakes, so i think it'd be better to do something different. 

any suggestions from locals or any good companies that you all might be using for your wedding cake/favors/etc? 

i'm looking to keep this under $60.

thanks!

Re: idea for a sweet treat delivery on The Strip (NWR)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would call her hotel and have something sent up from room service (like a bottle of champagne or mimosas). Otherwise the only thing I can think of is edible arrangments... but that's not very Vegas-y.
  • Options
    jkhoutzjkhoutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe see if room service can do a little birthday cake with a candle and a transcribed note from you?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would do something sweet from room service as well, it may seem to be pricey, but most bakeries will charge an extra fee (in addition to the delivery fee) for driving your order from the strip, and room service goodies will be more fresh, and will def be in the room once they check in. Just call the hotel concierge a few days before and they will make sure to have the room in order so it is def ready when they arrive.
  • Options
    kdj2011kdj2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When FI and I got engaged in Vegas a friend of ours sent choc covered strawberries and champagne to our room so when we got back it was there waiting for us.  So room service could def do something for you.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are actually doing bundtinis (little bundt cakes kinda like cupcakes) from here, they don't have pictures on their website of them for whatever reason but you can google them.

www.nothingbundtcakes.com

Delivery is only $12

FI and I are diehard Retro fans, but they will be closed for vacation the week of our wedding and we had to go with something else.  i couldn't cheat on Retro with another cupcake bakery so we are going this route instead. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    queenklm33  - those are awesome! If I was doing a cake/cupcakes or whatever for my wedding that would be it!

Charity
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_idea-sweet-treat-delivery-strip-nwr?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b40bc145-a5a1-4df7-b0fc-eb3497ab3325Post:c92754fb-c7b0-4f8c-b3e4-7d5db88e2c99">Re: idea for a sweet treat delivery on The Strip (NWR)</a>:
    [QUOTE]queenklm33  - those are awesome! If I was doing a cake/cupcakes or whatever for my wedding that would be it! Charity
    Posted by missjets[/QUOTE]

Yes!  a GF of mine would drive cakes back for her mom's clients whenever she was in Vegas.  luckily they justy opened a store near us in LA, so we were able to taste their flavors.  SOOOO GOOOOD.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards