Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Which necklace?!

Sorry, I don't have pictures of these necklaces on... so I know it's hard to form an opinion!

I'm leaning toward either one of these statement necklaces OR no necklace at all (yep, all or nothing!).

Necklace #1 (similar to this from Etsy, but I'd make it myself)

Necklace #2 - layered pearls

For reference, this is my dress again (minus the bow):

Re: Which necklace?!

• Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer, I think your dress is so pretty. The ruching and neckline are quite decorative, so I would go without a necklace, as it might be overkill. I do love pearls though, and the second one gets my vote, but maybe wear it just at the reception afterwards? I think it will make your dress look a little more casual with it on.
    How are you having your hair? If you have accessories for that as well I would definitely go without the necklace.

OMG 2 and a half weeks to go....!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't decide.  I've voted for #2 as I love the idea of the pearl statement necklace (I'm biased, b/c I'm wearing one).  Do you normally wear jewelry?  Hmm, it would look nice without, maybe with a fun bracelet.  I'm no help...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like #1 (I saw it on etsy last night & thought it was darling) but I love the look of your dress with no necklace. Maybe some pearl statement earrings & matching bracelet?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b60f905c-8288-4d0b-9559-939264cd2125Post:306f26a5-5ac1-414d-bcca-40da69974b49">Re: Which necklace?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like #1  but I love the look of your dress with no necklace. Maybe some pearl statement earrings & matching bracelet?
    Posted by junebug61103[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Love both necklaces but I think both of them would take away from the gorgeous detail of your dress.

Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b60f905c-8288-4d0b-9559-939264cd2125Post:c6cb4215-4856-49be-9ee4-9982c81a70ff">Re: Which necklace?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love both necklaces but I think both of them would take away from the gorgeous detail of your dress.
    Posted by direy25[/QUOTE]

+1, none is my vote.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies (and groom)!  Honestly, I was leaning toward a "statement necklace" simply because my dress HAS no detail, really (in my opinion)... so it's funny that you mention detracting from the detail. :)

For now I'm thinking no necklace & then I'll change into the layered pearls (necklace 2) for the reception & some pictures.

I'm not normally a pearl person at all... but I love the long layered look!
  • Options
    GribblesGribbles member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b60f905c-8288-4d0b-9559-939264cd2125Post:7d6d587b-b9df-4c47-8512-b542addfed04">Re: Which necklace?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For now I'm thinking no necklace & then I'll change into the layered pearls (necklace 2) for the reception & some pictures.
    Posted by jenniferceline[/QUOTE]

That sounds perfect!
    www.mywedding.com/benandpetra
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    I voted no necklace. Actually I really like your dress, I tried one on very similar to it. And you can have a necklace with it, since you said that yes, it doesn't have a whole lotta detail, but you have one big detail there already too anyway which is your ribbon. So my suggestion is, maybe you should wear a necklace but something smaller and simpler. Go for pearls still, and maybe have it like a choker type one? Thats kinda what I was planning on, plus you can get a veil with a lil bit of pearls on it too, that way everything will match. The lady who helped me out with my gown said, just remember to tie everything in together. lol Hope this helps! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:b60f905c-8288-4d0b-9559-939264cd2125Post:075e8c1a-635e-400c-a116-09bb5188285c">Re: Which necklace?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted no necklace. Actually I really like your dress, I tried one on very similar to it. And you can have a necklace with it, since you said that yes, it doesn't have a whole lotta detail, but you have one big detail there already too anyway which is your ribbon. So my suggestion is, maybe you should wear a necklace but something smaller and simpler. Go for pearls still, and maybe have it like a choker type one? Thats kinda what I was planning on, plus you can get a veil with a lil bit of pearls on it too, that way everything will match. The lady who helped me out with my gown said, just remember to tie everything in together. lol Hope this helps! :)
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I've actually removed the bow that you see on the dress in the picture... so the dress is now VERY simple.
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_necklace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:b60f905c-8288-4d0b-9559-939264cd2125Post:8d4b49bb-15d3-4b18-a48b-2fdf12c42f34">Re: Which necklace?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Which necklace?! : I've actually removed the bow that you see on the dress in the picture... so the dress is now VERY simple.
    Posted by jenniferceline[/QUOTE]

oooopps! i didn't even notice at first that you had put that in the picture above.. my bad! lol. yes it is a very simple dress, but the i think the pearls could still be too much, just cus it's a lot of them. maybe you should go for something more glitzy than pearls too since the color is already white and the dress is also white.. it would just give more of an effect if you were wearing white gold, or silver. it would stand out a lot more with your dress than the pearls and give your outfit a lot more statement than with the pearls.. so there..lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards